Twenty Eight

Harry Styles

I truly enjoy Niall being around, I do, but if he doesn't shut the fuck up about Aubrey for five seconds, I'm going to punch him in the face.

Ever since she left my house Tuesday, I've had to sit and listen to him going on and on about how pretty she is and how nice she is and blah blah blah. It's getting borderline obsessive.

It's been two days, and he's still talking about it. I'm just trying to find a place to order takeout from to pretend this is a normal American Thanksgiving, but this guy can't keep his trap shut and let me focus. He sits across from me at the island in one of my black leather chairs that push into the island itself so they're concealed when not being sat in.

"I mean, come on! She reads books, she's funny, she's gorgeous, and she's willing to deal with you on and off of coke! What more could a person ask for?!" He throws his head back, being so dramatic that I could scream.

"I don't know... maybe someone who doesn't make me want to blow my brains out?"

I realize immediately how that choice of words was incredibly insensitive considering her circumstances. He doesn't know it, though. I didn't actually mean it like that, so it's fine.

"How does she- You make no sense!"

"How don't I make sense? If you're so obsessed, take her for a spin. I don't care." I laugh.

"I would feel weird sleeping with your fake girlfriend. Also, she isn't someone you 'take for a spin'. She gets the candles, roses, the whole shebang."

"She does like roses." I go along with him playfully.

"See? Why do you know shit like that if she annoys you?"

"She has a rose tattoo and a shit ton of white roses all over her kitchen. She even uses rose scented hair products. I'm starting to see more similarities between you two with your obsessive tendencies." I shake my head.

"If she's so much like me, why don't you like her?"

"You're special." I shrug.

"God, you're such an idiot sometimes." He facepalms.

"Aw, you're always so sweet to me." I squint.

"I'm serious! I have a crush on your girlfriend, Harry."

"Yeah, no shit."

"I'll stop. I'm sorry," he holds his hand up, "What are we getting for dinner?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." I huff.

"Hurry, please. I'm hungry and wanna get drunk." He begs.

"We'll get there. Cool it."

I scroll through my many options, finding the perfect one after five more minutes of searching. As I'm about to click the purchase button at the bottom of the screen after typing out my information, my phone gets invaded with a call.

Aubrey.

I breathe out and put the phone to my ear after clicking the answer button.

"What is it?" I can sense that she wants to ask me for a favor before even hearing her voice.

"How did you know I needed something?"

"I'm a mind reader," I speak sarcastically, "Go on, spill it."

"My moms have been asking about you nonstop and I don't know what to do." She speaks quietly.

"And this is my problem because..?"