Seventeen

Harry Styles

I open my eyes and feel her head in the same spot on my shoulder as it was when I fell asleep. That was so fucking stupid. Why did I let it happen again?

I feel her breathing calmly against my skin, her body moving up and down close to mine. One of her legs is tangled with mine, her body turned to the side and her head on me. This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

She's practically cuddling me. I'm not a cuddling type. I'm fine with the occasional handshake and light hug from a friend, or Ruby hugging me, but that's it. Not something that seems so domestic like this.

She stirs a little in her sleep, coming even closer and draping her arm over my chest. I freeze at the contact, not knowing what to do. I slowly pick it up, bringing it back down to her side. With that, she grunts and moves again, fully wrapping her arms around me now and nestling her head into the crook of my neck.

I pull the covers off of me, slipping out of her grip uncomfortably and standing next to the bed. A knock at the door makes me jump. It's not my door, it's her's. I nudge her shoulder, trying to wake her up.

"Open up, bitch!" I hear Jade on the other side of the door, my eyes widening.

"Aubrey!" I whisper-yell, bringing my mouth to her ear as I move her again.

"Five more minutes." She groans, putting her palm to my face and shoving me away while still half asleep.

"I'm not your fucking alarm! Jade's at your door!" I whisper through gritted teeth.

Her eyes finally open, her rubbing them and squinting up at me, "What do you want?"

I stay silent, letting her hear the knocking. She gives me a questioning look as if she's asking who it is even though I already said it.

I raise my brows slightly before giving her the answer, "Jade."

"Oh, fuck me. I told her to bring me clothes in the morning." She facepalms.

"So go get them." I tell her.

"Okay, just stay here." She pulls the comforter off of her and stands quickly.

"Where else would I go?" I give her a look before my eyes are met with her naked lower half.

When everything from the waist down on her is completely exposed, she seems to recollect what happened last night, her jaw dropping a little as she stares at herself.

"Fuck, we slept together," she states like I didn't already know, "Again."

"We should probably... uh... stop doing that." I state, and she nods.

"Yeah, no shit. That was the last time."

She rushes to my bathroom before I can agree, coming out in her underwear that she ruined last night. There's no way that's comfortable or sanitary, but I think Jade is bringing her a new pair, so it doesn't matter.

She hurries to the door, and I hear it open before I have time to think. I quickly lay back down and pull the covers over me, pretending to sleep in case Jade sees me. I turn so my back is to the connecting doorway, staring blankly at the wall and listening to them.

"God, you don't know how to wake up without an alarm," I hear Jade let herself in, sitting things down on the bed, "Is that asshole's room?"

"Yeah." Aubrey replies.

"Where'd you get this shirt from?"

"It's mine. He had it from when Charlie puked on him a few weeks ago." She explains.