Fifty Two

Aubrey Hart

I try to focus on the movie playing on my TV in front of me instead of the thoughts racing throughout my mind. After last night's events with the texts I got, museum break-in, police chase, car sex, and Harry's confession, I have a lot on my mind.

I've ditched all other plans today due to the creepy texts I've been getting, both of them last night being about seeing me somehow. I'm almost positive whoever it is saw Harry and I sneak into the museum and called the cops to spite me, wanting to prove that they mean business for whatever reason. I saw nobody else on the street, so I don't know where they could've been to see us.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It's not like they're putting me in any genuine danger, so reporting it would be stupid. I also know that someone would find out about me reporting it, and next thing you know, there are articles upon articles written about it. The last thing I want is to give them the attention they're so desperately craving from me.

I also have nobody to tell that would help. I don't want to worry the people around me, either. I'll simply keep it to myself and hope my lack of responding stops the texts from being sent to begin with. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Harry has been here with me all day like usual, and I'm forcing him to watch a movie. I chose The Notebook the second he told me he'd never seen it, and now my eyes are glued to the screen. Partially out of captivation, but also in avoidance of my phone.

He's been so nice to me recently. I really don't know what to make out of it. Everything that was said last night feels like a dream. Telling me his favorite color was blue because of my eyes, confessing a bit about his past and saying he wants to tell me more in the future, and being much more okay with my touchiness in general.

I don't know what it means, but I never want it to end. He's still himself, too, taking any chance he can get to make fun of me. It's in a playful way rather than an offensive one now, so we both laugh at it. He even lets me do it back. We've been acting borderline normal.

I think the Earth must've fallen off of its axis or something, because I've gone into a reality where Harry and I get along. We talk, laugh, and do normal things together. It's all so nice.

Nobody else knows what we're doing, either. I haven't told and neither has he. We simply live in our own little bubble with no concern for giving people explanations or anything like that. In our bubble, it's just him and I. Sometimes Charlie is thrown into the mix as well since he can't ever seem to leave Harry alone, but my point still stands. We don't owe anyone else anything. I simply get to exist with him.

I like keeping him as my little secret.

Jade thinks we hang out for meaningless sex and then go our separate ways, while Zayn and Louis think we hooked up once or twice and nothing else. They're both wrong, though.

I don't know what exactly we're doing, but it's more than both of those options.

He's staying the night here again tonight and leaving in the morning since Jade wants to hang out with me. She said she wants to talk about a party we have to go to this weekend in preparation for the movie release next month. My plan from the beginning has been to drag her to all of these events so I could have a friend, so that's what we're doing. Even when things are a bit different now and I don't hate being in Harry's presence like I used to.

I'm sitting straight up with my legs crossed to focus fully on the movie, Charlie calmly sleeping in my lap. Harry's back is rested against the back of the couch in a much more relaxed manner, looking to be enjoying the film nonetheless. As much as you can as someone who doesn't seem to believe in romance, I guess.