Nine

Aubrey Hart

I can't believe I'm skipping therapy for this. I swear, I don't get one minute of peace with this job. I get even less now. Not only do I have to work with Harry, but now he's seeping into a good chunk of my free time.

I stuff a t shirt and some shorts into my purse along with a toothbrush. This is supposed to look like a one night stand, but I'm not about to actually sleep in my clothes. No thanks.

I look over my outfit in the mirror. A pair of loose light blue jeans, a white tank top that goes straight across my chest and stops above my belly button to show some skin, and a pink oversized cardigan with some little red strawberries with green stems and white seeds scattered all over it.

I have two pieces of hair in the front pulled back, tied into place with a white ribbon. I slip my feet into some white Nike Air Force Ones, and triple check to make sure I'm ready to go.

I've never been to his place before, and I don't really know what to expect. It's a loft since he isn't always here. I only have a house because I grew up relatively close to the area. I bet it's a super nice loft, though, considering it's Harry.

I made sure to give Charlie to Jade for the night, giving him a kiss on the head goodbye when she came to pick him up earlier today. He really likes the car, so the traveling doesn't bug him very much.

She was very hasty about this whole sleepover thing. It's not like I have a choice in the matter, Max's orders and all, but she doesn't like it. I don't, either. I'm right there with her on this. There's no way this will end well. Especially after last week's fight after the bar incident.

I've been trying to ignore how I feel about all of that, pushing back the voices in the back of my head that are telling me he's right. He isn't right. I won't let myself succumb to that. I had my one night to cry over it, and that was all. He can say what he wants, but he's wrong. I'm not boring. There's someone out there that will want me for more than my body. I'm not selfish. I care about other people.

Most importantly, I didn't kill my sister.

He had no idea what he was talking about with that one. I know he was mad and having withdrawals, but he had no right to say that to me. He doesn't know what happened. I can't let myself go back to how I was just a few months ago, sitting around and imagining all of the different ways I could've prevented it. I can't blame myself for that. I loved her with everything I had. I still do. There was nothing I could've done.

That statement is what makes me so upset with him. He didn't know the weight of his words, I'm sure. I know if I bring it up to him, I'll be considered dramatic and it'll simply start another fight. I know the truth, and that's what matters. He can think what he wants. I can't change it.

I leave my house with my purse in hand, get into my car, and drive to the address he gave me. After about fifteen minutes, I make it to the destination, pulling into the parking garage of the nice building after giving my name in a small speaker at the entrance since I don't have some special pass to park here.

Once I park, I get out of my car and leave the garage, making sure to enter the front of the building so people will see me. A couple of heads turn after a minute, phones being pulled out and pointed at me. I'm sure that'll be all over the place in a matter of hours, which is exactly what I want. They know Harry lives here, and will connect the dots easily.

This building is very nice, a doorman holding the glass door with gold around the edges open for me as I walk in. I smile and thank him before making my way fully inside, seeing some elevators and a woman at a desk in the front. His place is on the top floor, I remember. He texted me the address and number last night.