Fifty Six

TW// SUICIDE

Aubrey Hart

Ringing.

The only sound I can hear when I first awaken is this deafening ringing in my ears. I'm laying on the cold floor, eyes trying to fully open so I can observe my surroundings.

My back is throbbing with pain and feels a bit wet, my vision being met with blue light when I'm finally able to see. My entire body is covered in sweat, confusion running through me when I remember that I'm laying on the floor of the club.

My head is spinning and it makes the blue-lit ceiling spin as well. I feel like I'm not really inside of my body for some reason. Like I'm simply looking in from the outside. My heart feels like it's about to explode out of my chest, my breathing rapid as I try to figure out what's happening.

Why am I laying here? What happened?

"Aubrey! Aubrey!" Jade's muffled voice is distantly picked up by my ears as she stands over me.

I blink a few times, my hearing becoming more clear and allowing me to pick up the frantic screams and cries along with the sound of people running around me. I squint at her look of concern coupled with what I'm hearing, trying to remember what the hell happened.

She picks up on my dumbfounded look, not seeming to have the time to explain any of this to me.

"I'll explain in the car. We have to go!" She grabs onto my hands and pulls me up to stand on shaky legs.

I struggle to gain some balance, stumbling a bit from the elevation change on my high-heeled boots. My brain feels like it's rattling in my skull with the movement, my entire body wobbling on my weak ankles as my eyes wander the club.

I stay still, observing the people around me and the concerned looks on Jade's and Zayn's faces. The pain in my back is much sharper, making it hurt to move in this already tight outfit.

When I notice slight banging echo in my ears that is recognizable from my childhood, it all comes flowing back to me.

The gunshots.

Someone fired three shots at the bar right behind me. Someone brought a gun in here and pointed it in my direction. Nobody else was even sitting at it in that area except for me. Zayn and Jade were standing.

Were they trying to hit me? Who was it?

"We have to go!" Jade tries to pull me again, my daze still not being fully broken as I try to absorb the events.

I then remember more of what happened, standing planted in my spot and avoiding being moved my Jade. Harry and Zayn wanted us to leave because we were too drunk. Harry went to go get Louis and tell him we were leaving, then it all happened before he came back.

Harry.

Where the hell is Harry?

My eyes dart across the chaotic room in hopes of seeing him beside or behind me, but he isn't. I tear my hands from Jade's grip, not allowing her to pull me any closer to the exit.

"Where's Harry?" Are the first words to leave my mouth since I woke up, my voice completely panicked as I search for him.

"Why is that what you're worrying about right now? He can meet us at the—"

"I lost Harry." Louis rushes over to Zayn, cutting off Jade's words.

My heart drops to my stomach, eyes widening as I look more frantically through the crowd. He's fine, right? All of the shots were fired near me. Nothing could've hurt him. It's not possible.