Eight

Harry Styles

Radio silence.

I'm on my lunch break at work, and Aubrey has not said a single thing to me out of character all day. She keeps disappearing whenever she can. Even now, when the rest of the cast and crew is lounging around eating together on set, she just went to her trailer with her sandwich and bottled water.

I expected her to be chewing me out all day for what I said, playing the victim and telling me how bad of a person I am. Instead, I've gotten absolutely nothing. Something has definitely crawled up her ass today. I don't know what it is, but I hope it stays there.

Monday's are usually god awful, but today I feel free. For the first time all week, I don't feel like I have a burden to carry with me. I don't have to talk to her.

"What's she-devil's problem?" Louis references to her absence, assuming I'd know something about it.

"No idea," I shrug, "I argued with her after dropping you guys off, and she's been quiet ever since. I expected the opposite, to be honest."

"Why'd you argue with her?" Zayn asks.

"She hooked up with a guy in the bathroom at the bar, and it was so obvious when they walked out. I had to tell her not to blow this whole thing for me." I explain.

"She probably understood that part. You've argued like that before. I don't see why she'd just stop talking." He doesn't get it.

"I needed coke and started to get antsy." I admit, ready for him to scold me for it.

His face drops, knowing what I'm like when I'm jonesing, "Oh my god, you traumatized her, didn't you?"

"She was crying a lot, but she's always dramatic like that." I shrug. He looks at me in disbelief.

"Tell me one other time she's actually cried in front of you."

I recall our numerous fights, remembering her getting as far as tearing up in front of me, but that's it.

"Uh..."

"Exactly. God, you're such an asshole." He shakes his head at me.

"Why are you suddenly a part of the Aubrey fan club?" Louis rolls his eyes.

"She has never done anything to me, and I have the ability to form my own opinions." He takes a direct shot at the both of us. We've been shitty with her from the start, but she kept it going. It's her fault.

"Oh, whatever." I groan in annoyance. Him and his moral compass.

We talk for the rest of our thirty minute break, her coming back in when we have about five minutes until we have to get back to filming. She's in an elegant nightgown with her hair down, no visible makeup on besides the little bits of it to cover her few tattoos. I'm in some nice pajamas as well. We're filming a scene where I snuck into her room so we can talk after being away for a while. We've done a few takes already, but have to do more to be safe.

I remember some things Max texted me and I'm assuming her yesterday, standing up and going toward her. She's gonna have to talk to me if she wants to work this out.

"What are you doing?" Louis squints at me.

"One second." I wave him off.

She notices me coming closer, tensing up a little and waiting expectantly. Her discomfort proves that she's being quiet because of me. I feel like I should feel bad, but I don't. I meant what I said. She almost fucked everything up for me. I can't have that.