Ninety Three

A/N: The picture above shows some visuals of the house for those wondering :)

Harry Styles

Aubrey is obsessed with our new house.

The decorations, the bedrooms, the hot tub, our master bathroom, the studio for Elora, the soundproofed walls of our room, and above all else, the kitchen.

She asked me to show her pictures of the place when I told her about buying it, but when I started showing them to her, she realized she was going to spoil the fun of coming here for herself. She wanted the looks of it to be a surprise, so she stopped me. She saw one of the bedrooms, and that's all.

She adores the floor to ceiling window covering nearly an entire wall of the living room, the fireplace with a TV hanging above it, the two soft grey couches and corresponding grey chairs across the coffee table from one of the couches, the high ceilings, and the white decorative pillows that look good with her favorite lavender knit blanket that she brought with us to use as a decoration somewhere. It now hangs over the back of the couch to be used at any point.

The first floor is more of an open floor plan, the kitchen being to the right of the couch against the wall and the dining room being beside it. The kitchen is where Aubrey has been sitting around for the past few days, so incredibly obsessed with it because of a special request I made when I bought it.

The wooden cabinets are all green with nice black countertops to match, her favorite color surrounding her and making her eyes light up whenever she steps into the room. She eats sitting at the island instead of the dining room table, chooses to sit on the counter instead of the perfectly open couch almost all of the time, and also has a weird obsession with lying on the floor in there.

She lays on the floor in nearly every room of this house, admiring the high ceilings of the living room the most. I always end up joining her despite the much more comfortable methods of laying down available around us, enjoying myself just watching her admiration of something so simple.

We've been doing a lot of laying around and talking about everything and nothing recently. We made sure everything security-wise in our house, Louis, Jade, and Zayn's house, and their pool house was working properly. We took a look at the pool in their backyard and the hot tub in ours, also admiring the amount of land we own that stems past a typical backyard.

This is our third full day here, meaning Ruby, Elora, and Charlie are headed our way as we speak. They're flying here, and they boarded the plane over two hours ago, meaning it most definitely shouldn't be much longer until they're walking through the door. We ate dinner about an hour ago and are simply waiting around now.

Right now, to my absolute surprise, we're standing in the kitchen.

"It's perfect!" She excitedly spews to me with a dramatic clap after situating a vase she bought yesterday from a shop in the small town about twenty minutes away from here.

We were on a trip to get roses and typical groceries, and she found a vase that is shaped and painted like a strawberry. It now houses her usual white roses, the number of vases around here being limited despite my open invitation to have as many as she wanted. There's one in the kitchen, that being the strawberry-shaped one, and another on the dining room table, a more typical white one.

I nod in agreement with a light laugh, "I'm glad you found it. It's almost too perfect."

"Everything about this place is perfect," she continues gushing, this definitely being one of her mental high points of the day, "The kitchen, the tall windows, the comfortable couches, the bookshelf in our room, our huge fucking bed, and our equally huge shower. The shower even has two heads. Who needs more than one?"