Fifty Four

Harry Styles

I slide my arms into my dark blue dress shirt, buttoning it up most of the way to cover my chest. I pair the shirt with some black dress pants, a nice belt with a silver buckle holding them on my hips. I smooth out the shirt, looking down at it through my rimmed glasses to make sure the shades of blue and black go together.

Seeing color makes picking outfits a lot less of a guessing game. I can actually tell what does and doesn't match. It's a nice advantage. It feels like I'm cheating at life or something. I tend to forget that this is what the world normally looks like to the majority of people.

I get caught up in looking at the blue, observing the rings on my hands running over the colored fabric as well. The mixtures of gold and silver bands shining into my corneas, then the prominent red on my pinkie. I've always known that they were an array different colors, but actually having the ability to see them is a completely different story.

I pull the spectacles off of my face and put them on my nightstand, peering around my room to make sure I'm situated and ready to leave. My hair is pretty much dry from my shower, and I have my wallet and other essentials already in my pocket.

I have to pick Aubrey up for this meeting, and after that, she wants to get lunch. The meeting shouldn't take very long, but still long enough for me to get hungry afterwards. It's a nice idea to get papped while we're already out, too, considering the fact that someone seems to be watching her. She told me her idea yesterday, and I automatically agreed.

At this point, I'd agree even if it wasn't for PR.

What the hell has happened to me?

I shake my head to rid myself of the possible spiral about how in for it I've become with her, walking to my bedroom door. As I exit the room to head down the stairs, a knock at the front door catches my attention.

I furrow my brows, knowing Zayn and Louis are already on their way to the meeting while Aubrey's waiting for me. Who could this be?

I make my way down the wooden stairs in my black dress shoes, adjusting the bracelet given to me by Ruby on my right wrist as I walk. The person knocks a second time once I make it to the bottom of the steps, unable to wait another second for me to get it.

I groan in annoyance at their lack of patience, reaching forward for the handle and pulling the wooden door open. I adjust my curly hair with my free hand as I make sure I'm seeing the person in front of me correctly.

In comes blonde-haired Cara, making her way past me and into the loft without an invitation. I stiffen at the sight of her, realizing it's been close to a month since I went to her place.

She's wearing a pair of skinny ripped jeans accompanied with a tight tank top covering her torso. It's definitely not warm enough outside to walk around without sleeves, leading me to believe that this is her attempt at grabbing my attention with her body.

Here she is, the girl I've chosen to sleep with on multiple occasions, tolerating her clingy attitude for the sole purpose of getting her in bed, yet my eyes aren't seeing what they want to see when they trail over her. There isn't a single bone in my body even remotely tempted to sleep with her.

She just doesn't do it for me anymore, I guess.

"Missing me yet, baby?" She wiggles her brows at me with her signature confident smirk.

I roll my eyes at the name as I shut the door, turning to face her now standing in the middle of the first floor, "Don't call me that."

"Come on, Harry. It's been too long," she steps forward and attempts to wrap her arms around my neck, scoffing when I push her hands off of me, "And I was just about to say you looked hot in your outfit."