Chapter twenty seven

"Ginny, time to wake up," I whisper while shaking her shoulder lightly. A hushed groan escapes her lips. "Come on, get up. Your mum will be suspicious if you don't attend breakfast." She doesn't respond; I stand defeated. "Okay, I didn't want to do this the hard way but I guess I do." I announce before I begin to tickle her neck, causing her to giggle unwillingly. She tumbles onto the floor with a loud thump.

"Ugh, what was that for?" She whines.

"Well, you're up now so go get dressed and meet us downstairs." I say glancing over to Hermione who sits on her bed, messy brown hair draped in front of her face like a veil.

"You okay? I thought you only had two shots?" I question.

"Exactly." She croaks, holding her head dramatically. I sigh and hand her a sweater that she involuntarily takes and pulls over her head.

Hermione ends up downstairs first with Ginny plodding behind her. As I step onto the staircase, I feel a hand on my arm. "Y/n."

"Hey, George what's up?"

"Well, technically you won this morning. I don't know how you did it but...here." He says, making a face, probably thinking of the dare last night. He holds out the three golden galleons he bet me early this morning.

"Keep it for you and Fred's joke shop." I insist. He rolls his eyes wearing a grin as I begin down the stairs.

"Thanks." He calls from the top, I nod my head.

I make my way into the stuffed kitchen, walking over to the last two open seats that happen to be next to each other, and take the one beside Harry.

I catch a glimpse of Ron, who is passed out and noticeably snoring, and kick him in the shin while looking the other way to make it less obvious. "Bloody Hell. What was that for?" He groans, rubbing his sleep-deprived eyes.

"You all are very quiet this morning. You must be tired." Molly chimes as she cooks on the stove top.

I shoot him a glare and widen my eyes, causing him to catch on immediately. I glance across the table, to my right, being met with the charming eyes of Fred, who wears a grin across his lips. I return the friendly expression.

I flinch at the sudden movement beside me and turn towards it immediately. Percy sits with his hand uncomfortably pressed against the empty seat in between us, his face pink.

"Come on Percy, you know you like
y/n." Charlie taunts. I glance around Percy and make contact with Charlie's amused eyes.

"Even if he did like me, that doesn't mean you should embarrass him. It's common courtesy." I huff, cross my arms, and lean back in my chair.

"Ooo feisty." He adds flirtatiously, causing my cheeks to come up pink as I stare at the table intensely.

After eating, Fred and I take a walk outside, and down one of the side trails into the forest behind the burrow.

We stroll quietly through the green scene, our hands interlaced and swinging in sync with our pace.

Fred stops for a moment and squints his eyes as if looking for something. "What?" I ask as he shields his eyes from the sun with his free hand.

"Is that what I think it is?" He mutters as we continue down the dirt trail. "Merlin. It is." His concentrated expression switches to a beaming smile. "Come on." He says, quickening up his pace.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

"George and I used to have a treehouse in first year that we would go to all the time." He explains as we near a tall tree covered in moss. "You mind if I go up?" He asks.