Chapter twenty nine

The first week of school was pretty straightforward, beginning all of our lessons and of course, officially meeting the pink strawberry creme puff they call our dada teacher.

"Hey! You have a full plate of food right in front of you." Fred whines under a chuckle as I snatch a mini double chocolate chip muffin off the edge of his plate.

"Yeah well, it tastes better when it's off of yours." I respond knowingly before taking a bite of the pastry. He rolls his eyes playfully, a grin forming across his lips. "You know I'm right." I add sassily with raised brows.

I feel someone's eyes on me as I take another bite. I glance up and meet Hermione's glare, sending her a confused expression in return, causing her to look back to the plate in front of her. I turn to my right and tap on Harry's shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong with Hermione? She's been acting oddly around me."

He sighs quietly, keeping his focus on his golden plate. "Harry, please if you know something tell me." His beautiful blue eyes connect with mine, his face wearing a stern expression.

"You didn't think she would see you and Draco when you got off the train?" He mentions with pain filled eyes.

"What?-" I begin, noticing Ron's hurt gaze on me, quickly turning back to his plate and continuing to poke at his food.

The bell suddenly rings and everyone cleared out almost immediately, leaving the twins and me to be last. "Are you alright darling?" Fred asks.

"Wasn't Hermione and everyone else with you two at the train station?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?" George answers.

"And you didn't see anything?"

"No...were we supposed to?" Fred asks over a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, no. I was just wondering." I assure, breaking off from them as I head to potions.

I continue daydreaming out the window before I feel a kick on my shin, causing me to look up at Draco, who is blankly fiddling with his quill. I raise my brow making him to connect eyes with me. "Oh was that your foot?" He asks innocently, refocusing back to Snape.

His shoe makes contact with mine again, causing me to decide to play along. I kick back, harder than he had, and pretend to pay attention to the potions Professor.

Our game goes along for a few minutes, light thuds being created by the leather of his shoe hitting mine. "Stop." I whisper, not looking at him.

"Make me." He responds sassily. My eyes widen slightly and I shift my glare to him.

"Stop that." I demand fiercely.

"Stop what love?" As I am about to retort, a monotone voice intervenes our bickering.

"You two love birds can take that outside if you wish to continue your quarrel!" Snape snaps, impaling Draco and me with his shrewd glare. "And I suggest you stop playing your foot game." He glowers, coldly glancing below our desks from the corner of his eye before returning to his lecture.

A snicker escapes Blaise's lungs as he covers his mouth. "Love birds." He mimics, encouraging Draco's smirk to grow cockier by the second.

"Oh shut up Zabini." I retort, slumping down in my chair out of embarrassment.

"What? You embarrassed to be pictured with me, darling?" Draco questions with a flirty expression.

I roll my eyes before hearing a huff from Hermione who is seated in front of me, next to Blaise. "What's on your mind Granger?" Blaise taunts, causing her posture to straighten up more than it already was.