Chapter nine

I stand outside of the Great Hall, mentally preparing for all of the stares. I walk in, my Gryffindor robes on, a little baggy now after not eating very much for a few days. I sit down next to Fred and Hermione, setting my school bag down beside me. "Good morning y/n." Hermione greets, normally.

"Morning." I respond, as she places a muffin on my plate. It was a pretty normal conversation, no one mentioned what happened. Once in a while, someone would walk up to us and try to ask me questions ,but the twins would just take me away and try to distract me.

They had to do that at least ten more times throughout the rest of the day, always ending with Hermione lecturing the other student.

After a long day of classes, we finally sit down for dinner. We engorge in a delicious meal, as always. While eating, i connect eyes with Draco, who is sitting next to Crabbe and Goyle. I narrow my eyes, in annoyance, expecting him to come up and ask what happened in class. I didn't feel like answering, especially to someone like him.

Surprisingly, he didn't come up to me, he just kept eye contact for a few seconds before looking away, continuing his conversation with the other Slytherins.

As we were walking back to the Gryffindor tower, I hear fast footsteps behind me. "Hey, Brooke." He says, making me turn around aggressively.

"Why were you crying in class the other day?" He asks with a snicker, Crabbe and Goyle doing the same. I just roll my eyes, continuing forward. "Are you scared of Pansy?" He asks, in mocking tone. I whip my head around, feeling a rush of courage flow through my veins.

"It's none of your fucking business Malfoy." I retort, causing him to scowl with narrowed eyes. I keep strong eye contact before Fred's arm wraps around my shoulder, gently pulling me forwards.

We walk into the empty common room, and everyone turns to face me. "What the bloody hell was that?" Ron shouts, shocked.

"I don't really know. He just got under my skin I guess." I reply, in a slightly shy tone.

"It was brilliant!" Harry adds, making a smile slowly creep across my lips before vanishing at an instant.

"I have to tell you guys something." I say looking at the ground and back up at their confused expressions. I gesture for them to follow me, as I wear a worried look. I lead them into Hermione and I's dorm, inviting them to sit on either of the two beds.

"Oh, so this is what a girl's dorm looks like." Ron says, analyzing the room.

I sit down in front of my headboard, hesitating for a few seconds before looking up. Fred, George, and Ginny are seated on Hermione's bed while Ron, Harry, Hermione, and I sat on mine. I take a deep breathe before speaking. "Do you know what I saw the Boggart as?" I ask.

"Yeah, Pansy's family." Harry replies.

"My family." I say, swallowing slowly. I hear Hermione gasp as I look around the room to analyze everyone else's faces.

"Wait. So, your related to her?" Fred asks, in shock.

"Yeah, sisters and my name isn't just Y/n Brooke, it's Y/n Brooke Parkinson." I respond, ashamed. "Do you hate me?" I mumble, after a few minutes of silence.

Hermione glances up, and into my eyes. "Of course not. You are not Pansy or anything like her." She adds, causing a relieved look to appear on my face.

"But, why are you so scared of them?" Ginny asks. I take another deep breathe before continuing. "Ever since I was little, my parents treated Pansy and I very differently. She was the perfect child and I was the disgrace. It got much worse once I was sorted as a Gryffindor while being born into a pure blood Slytherin family. I used to dread going back 'home' for the summer, because I knew it wasn't my home anymore. They used to lock me in my room for multiple days at a time, in fear of being seen with me. The yelling is what probably scared me the most. They said and did so many things for the sole purpose of degrading me. I wanted to give up at one point, but once I became friends with all of you, I felt like I had people that understood me and the family that I never had...But things are better now that I'm living with my grandparents in the summers." I say, forcing myself to stop the tears from falling.

My gaze shifts over to Hermione, who's looking at me, brows furrowed and tears in her eyes. She pulls me into a comforting hug. "I'm so sorry." She whispers in my ear, just before pulling away.

"I'm fine though, really." I say as the tears begin to fall. Practically everyone gave me a hug ,but Fred's in particular was extra comforting...