Chapter fifteen

I trudge up the stairs, to my dorm. I open the door and sit down on my bed, starting to take off my boots. Ginny breaks away from her conversation with Hermione on her bed and scoots towards me. "Why are you so happy?" She asks curiously.

"I don't know. Cedric asked me to be his date to the ball." I say casually, still looking down.

"WAIT. WHAT?" Ginny practically shouts.

"Yeah, he just asked as he was leaving the common room." I add, looking up to see their shocked faces. I know why they're surprised ,but I don't want to show how I was actually feeling, specifically everything with Fred.

"Um y/n, we should probably tell you that Fred wouldn't stop talking about you at the burrow." Hermione mentions.

"Oh yeah...He was really upset about what happened between you two. He actually wouldn't shut up about it. It was getting annoying." She adds, making a face. My face softens a bit with a little bit of guilt, as I continue to take off my shoes.

"He's the one that fucked up. Why is he upset? I'm the one that should be upset." I say irritatedly.

"Well, I think you should talk to him. I know he cares about you. I see it in the way he looks at you. He wouldn't do anything to hurt you, just know that y/n." Hermione says, yawning. Ginny does the same, laying her head on top of my pillow. I snicker quietly, hearing her snore.

—————

The three of us walk down to the Great Hall for breakfast ,but this time everyone was there like a normal day, it almost looked like more people. I sit down across from Fred like normal ,but today he looks unusually tired. I brush it off, thinking he just had a long night hanging out with George again. "Morning." Harry greets cheerfully.

"Morning Harry." I say skeptically. "Why are you so happy?" Hermione asks in the same tone as me.

"I don't know I guess just excited for the ball tonight." He says, picking up a spoonful of scrambled eggs from the large bowl in front of him.

"Yeah, it's going to be fun." I add with the same amount of enthusiasm.

"Do you have a date?" He asks me casually. I hesitate for a moment.

"Um yeah. Cedric." I respond hesitantly, feeling the tension between Fred and I slowly increase.

"Really? I thought you and Fred liked each other." Ron adds, confused. My eyes go wide, not looking up from my food, I notice Fred doing the same. I feel the table shake as Hermione kicks his leg instantly, making him shut his mouth. I blush slightly before whispering in Hermione's ear.

"Want to skip afternoon classes so we can get ready for the ball earlier?" She nods, turning to the other side to pass along the message to Ginny who also nods in agreement.

The three of us stand up, grabbing our bags for our first classes. I lock eyes with Fred, who's expression is a mixture of sadness and guilt. I feel a wave of regret wash over me for agreeing to go to the ball with Cedric ,but before that thought could finish I feel a tug on my arm. "Come on y/n/n we're going to be late to potions." She mentions, pulling me in the direction of the doors

—————

Lunch quickly ends and we scurry back to my dorm sneakily, making sure Filtch doesn't catch us skipping class. Ginny shuts the door eagerly with a wide grin plastered across her face. "Alright, y/n go take a shower. We've got lots to do before tonight!" She exclaims, nudging me towards the bathroom.

As I close the door, I witness Ginny snatching Hermione by her arm, leading her towards the other side of the room. I snicker and shut the door.

I step out of the shower, my hair dripping wet, and wrap my robe around myself, tying it into place. I walk out of the bathroom, the mirror fogged from the humidity. As I wrap my hair in a different towel, I notice Hermione and Ginny standing strangely beside my wardrobe.

"What?" I ask, suspiciously. They shrug in sync with each other.

"Okay, c'mon." Ginny says, changing the subject. She grabs my hand, ordering Hermione into the shower. "Sit." She says, sitting down in a chair on the other side of my desk that she flipped around.

There's a basket filled with dozens of nail polishes on the left side. Knowing Ginny, she probably charmed the basket to have the space of ten baskets.

My eyes fall onto a beautiful deep blue shade ,but as I open my mouth to choose that one, she quickly interrupts me. "Don't think about choosing that blue polish because I already have something picked out that will match your dress brilliantly." She states with a mischievous grin. I roll my eyes as she violently smacks the clear glass bottle against her palm before starting to paint.

In the matter of seconds, my mind starts to wander aimlessly, thinking about what awaited me at the ball.

"Done!" Ginny shouts, moments before Hermione walks out of the bathroom, looking the same as me with her robe and towel. I glance down at my hands observing what Ginny had done to my nails.

"Holy shit! You're good at that Gin!" I shout eagerly, causing Hermione to walk over to us.

"Merlin! Where'd you learn to do that Gin?!" Hermione exclaims, just as shocked as I am. My long nails are coated in a silky dark red polish, applied smoothly and perfectly. My ring finger nails are glazed with a beautiful gold, glitter polish wearing a few garnet gems on top.  

"Okay, okay save the compliments for later." She says smugly, turning towards Hermione. "You. Sit." She orders, now turning to me. "And you go dry your hair in the mean time." I roll my eyes playfully, heading back into the bathroom.

I unroll the towel from my damp hair and flip the switch to the blow dryer.

As I finished with my hair, Hermione floats over to me, replacing the spot in front of the mirror as I walk out. I stand in shock facing Ginny, noticing that within the thirty minutes I was in the bathroom, she had done Hermione's nails along with hers.

I sit myself facing her on the edge of my bed as she reaches over my shoulder to tun on the radio that is already on our favorite station. She flat irons the last strand of my h/c hair, letting it fall to my side. "So, what look are we doing today?" I ask, wearing a curious grin.

"You'll just have to wait and see." She replies, sending me an excited wink. After twenty minutes of beating my face with a sponge and rubbing a brush over my eyelids, she finally finishes my makeup and adjusts her position to behind me, reaching for my luminous hair.

After a few minutes of pulling and styling, I hear a clasp from on top of my head, wondering what it might me.

"Turn around." She says. I do it, observing her expression. "YES." She says, with a proud smile. "Now, go look in your wardrobe." I rush over to the doors, and yank them wide open to reveal a dark red dress. My face drops at the sight of it.

"Go try it on." She says taking it off of its hanger and placing it into my arms excitedly, along with a pair of gold heels

I slip it on, feeling it hug my my body tightly. Woah. I glance into the mirror, admiring it. I notice it showing off all my curves in all the right places. I gaze at my angelic hair in the mirror, half of it down and the other half sleeked back into a ponytail that's clasped securely with a shiny, gold band. I add my large gold hoops and a simple necklace to match. I wrap the gold material from my stilettos around my ankles and walk out of the bathroom.

(The dress is at the top of the chapter)

Hermione and Ginny stand up, already dressed and ready to go. They analyze me wide eyed, their jaws wide open. "Oh stop." I say, slightly blushing.

"Holy. Shit. That dress was a good choice." Ginny manages to get out, still in awe.

"You're going to have Fred and Cedric drooling over you." Hermione adds encouragingly.

A/N:
Hey everyone! My best friend is writing a George Weasley fanfic! It's called My Girl by Mads037. Go check it out!🖤🖤

Darling • Fred Weasley x reader जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें