Chapter thirty four

The morning glow shines through the tall window on the right side of me. I admire it for a few seconds, the ray of light warming my face as it makes contact with it.

The clock ticks nine o'clock causing my eyes to wander over to the tall, handsome boy laying next to me, immediately, and unexpectedly, meeting his gaze. "How long have you been up?" I ask.

"Not long, just enough to admire you a bit." He replies, the light meeting the tips of his hair that drapes over his eyes, causing the effect of a luminous fire.

"Admire me doing what exactly? Looking out a window?" I ask with a grin.

"You know, believe it or not, you're not the worst sight to wake up to." He says sarcastically, receiving a playful offended expression from me.

"Should we head downstairs and see if anyone has plans?" I ask, brushing the glowing strands of orange from his eyes.

"Could we maybe have...a day to ourselves? Like just the two of us?"

"Sure. What do you plan on doing for the day?" I question.

"I don't know. Spend time together I guess. I just miss the summer when we had time to ourselves."

"Me too." I reply in a sigh. "Well, at least we have something to look forward to today."

"And what is that? Obviously besides getting the opportunity to have me all to yourself." He adds smugly.

"There's a big announcement later from Dumbledore. Technically no one knows what it is but I guess that leaves us to our imaginations."

"I can't tell if that's a good thing or not. Seems like whenever Dumbledore has a surprise it's not a good one." He admits.

My eyebrows scrunch for a moment, assuming he is referring to me but I hadn't gotten the chance to tell him yet.

"Who knows." I say, brushing off the topic and cuddling up next to him once again.

—————

The cool feeling of fresh air absorbs me as my lungs fill with oxygen. My right hand is cradled in Fred's as we walk down the path around the Hogwarts greenery and garden, the variety of plants and flowers bursting with color.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you. Did I make it on the quidditch team? Because the look you gave me said 'you're off the team' loud and clear." I say with a grin.

"So I take it that you want your spot back? I'm gonna have to think about that a bit more, we have many replacements in line for your position." I give him a look that told him I knew that he was fibbing. "Yes, of course, you made it. I couldn't let our best chaser go to waste." He chuckles, nudging my shoulder.

"Could we talk about something really quick?" I ask after a few minutes.

"Of course."

"Remember the whole closet thing a few days ago?"

"What whole closet thing?" His expression goes blank, desperately trying to figure out what I mean.

"Remember, after classes. You pulled me into the storage closet?" I add carefully.

"Y/n, I never pulled you into a closet." He replies with a light confused laugh.

"Yes, you did. On Wednesday." I remind him, expecting him to recall the event, but instead, it puzzles him even more.

"I went back to the common room after classes with George and everyone else. I have no idea what you're on about."

So, if he was in the common room, who was that?