Chapter seventeen

We make it outside, into the emptiness of the black surrounding us, not knowing where he was leading me. That was, until I recognized something familiar. The astronomy tower.

He guides me up the steps, lightly holding my waist to make sure I don't fall. We make it up the landing, the moon being the only source of light.

We walk to the near edge and place our arms on the bars. We lean on them, beside each other as we observe the thousands of constellations in the dark blue space.

After a moment or two, I part my lips slightly to ask him why he took me here, but before I could, he filled the silence with his deep, calming voice.

"I didn't do anything with Pansy. It was just an old rumor from year 5." He says. I see him turn his head towards me out of the corner of my eye, but I continue my steady gaze into the sky. "I promise." He adds in reassurance.

I take a deep breathe and turn to meet his gaze, his eyes portray a sign of worry. I say nothing, just looking at him with sympathetic eyes, before engulfing him in a tight, affectionate embrace. He quickly wraps his arms around me, and kisses my head. He lays his on top of mine, as we melt together as one.

We sway slowly as if there was still music to be danced to, but there wasn't. There was just, us.

"I've missed you." I whisper into his sweater. He pulls away slightly, far enough away to where he can look down at me, his hand slide down from my back to my torso. He glides his large hand across my cheek, cupping it gently.

"I've missed you more." He whispers before placing a light kiss onto my lips. I stand on my toes, still not being tall enough to kiss him even while in heels.

The butterflies return to my stomach as he continues to kiss me, more passionate now. He pulls me closer to him, his hands gripping my waist tighter. Mine slide up his neck, and into his soft orange hair, entangling my fingers in it. We pull apart slowly, releasing me from his embrace.

He smirks, a quiet chuckle leaving his lips. I smile, looking into his dark brown eyes that are noticeably filled with joy. He takes my hand, and leads me down the stairs that we entered from.

Eventually, we make it back to the empty common room, the only sound to be heard is the crackling of the small fire, struggling to keep aflame.

We carefully scurry up the creaky wooden stairs leading to the girl's dormitory, watching each of our steps, making sure not to wake anyone with our sudden stealthy movements. We make it to the end of the hall, and I turn around so that my back is against the door as I face him.

"Thankyou." I say, admiring his joyful expression.

"No problem." He says, and looks down at his shoes for a moment in hesitation. "We're okay now, right?" He asks worriedly. I say nothing, but take a step forward, stepping on my toes to place a comforting kiss on his cheek, leaving a lightly tinted red mark on the side of his face. As I pull away, his cheeks almost match the color of the red mark I left, he grins.

"Goodnight Freddie." I mutter, now inside of the dorm, peeking my head out.

"Goodnight darling." He replies, as I slowly close the door, blocking our view of each other. I turn around, eyes closed with a relieved expression, and take a deep breath. A sudden squeal causes my eyes to shoot wide open, to Ginny sprinting across the room towards me, Hermione right behind her.

"Are you back together?" She asks eagerly.

"I don't know, I hope so." I reply with a smile, causing her to give me an excited, joy filled hug.

"Are you forgetting about someone?" Hermione asks with her arms folded, causing me to furrow my brows.

"Oh shit, I forgot about Cedric." I realize.

"What are you going to do?" Ginny asks, worriedly.

"I don't know, but I'm definitely not telling him about Fred and I. I don't want to hurt him." I say, walking over to my bed to take off my shoes. "I'll figure it out." I add, trying to unzip my dress. "Bloody hell. Why is this so difficult to unzip." I say, struggling with my hands behind my back.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I put a charm on the zipper so that it wouldn't be able to be pulled down without a spell." She says, pointing her wand towards it, muttering a few words. I feel it loosen around my torso, as she puts her wand down. "Never on the first night." She says with a raised brow and a mischievous half grin.

"Ginny!" Hermione and I shout, giggling right after. I chuck a pillow to her face, causing her to put her arms up.

"Alright, I am going to take this off." I mention, walking towards the bathroom, releasing a few giggles along the way.