Chapter thirty three

I stand in the freezing cold corridor at thirty past ten, the sound of the grandfather clock ticking in the distance. The hall is empty and dimly lit, this one being one of the least used. I hear the swift taps of a person's shoes, scurrying on the old, stone flooring.

I duck behind a wall, trying my best to conceal myself. "Y/n!" A voice whispers, the footsteps inching forward.

"Harry?" I question back, peeking my head around the corner and meeting his curious blue eyes.

"Hey, why did you want to meet me? Couldn't we have just spoken in your dorm?"

"No, It's important and no one can know about it. Not even our friends." I state as I lead him to the door at the end of the corridor.

"Well, what is it?" He asks, being pulled outside into the darkness of the night. "What the hell! Why are we out here? It's bloody cold!" He whispers aggressively.

"We can't have anyone hearing us. Now come on I have to make sure no one has followed us." We walk along the stone wall of the school, glancing behind us once in a while to be safe. My eyes make contact with the deep blackness of the forbidden forest, the screeching and cooing from the creatures of the night being easily heard.

"Alright, we've walked far enough. What's going on?" He demands, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Okay. When I was at Dumbledore's earlier I discovered something-" I begin, being interrupted by the crunching of the fall leaves beneath someone's heavy footsteps. "Shit!" I frantically look around for someplace to hide but instead, the large figure revealed itself from the cloak of darkness by taking a step towards us.

"Harry!" Hagrid exclaims. "What are you doing out here so late at night?" He takes a glance to the right, noticing my presence. "And you too y/n?"

"I just had something to tell Harry. I didn't want to speak about it in front of the others." I say, referring to Hermione, Ron, and everyone else.

"Ohhh I see." He responds as a strong gust of chilling wind flows towards us, causing goosebumps to rise on the surface of my skin. "It's getting a bit cold out here, why don't you two come back with me." He offers.

"Um sure." I hesitate for a moment before following the large man alongside Harry who's arms are wrapped around his body.

He forces the oversized door open and shuts it once Harry and I make it inside. A fire burns in the farthest corner of Hagrid's hut like usual, the smokey scent welcoming us with kindness while its warmth surrounds our bodies.

Harry and I sit on the giant brown leather couch beside the flames as Hagrid prepares us each a cup of hot tea. "So, what's going on?" Harry asks.

"Well, there's a lot."

"Okay..."

"I was in Dumbledore's office this morning and he told me something. More like showed me but I didn't believe what I was seeing or hearing for a good few hours." Hagrid hands Harry and I each a steaming cup of pomegranate tea. I quickly place mine onto the wooden table in front of me, the heat taking a few seconds to leave my skin.

"What did he show you?" Harry questions eagerly. I take a deep breath, reliving the image once again in my mind.

"It was your mother. She was holding you whilst rocking in a chair in your home. The same scene as the picture that appeared to you this morning." He eyes me with a confused expression.

"Then, your father walked in, accompanied by another child. Their child."

"Wait. So, I have a sibling? Why did Dumbledore go to you for this?" He questions irritatedly.