Chapter thirty seven

"Which one should I wear?" I uncertainly ask, holding up a plaid tan and black skirt next to a dark green and white one.

"I really like the tan and black one. I feel like it would look really cute with the sweater you've picked out." Maddie responds. I slip on a gentle sage oversized turtleneck sweater and tuck it into the waistband of my skirt, leaving a bit of excess fabric to hang.

"I agree, I like your style. It suits you." Belle comments as she pins a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you." I reply. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting my shoes on. Give me a second." Ginny says in a struggled voice as she pulls her shoe over her heel violently, causing her to let out a deep breathe once she lets go. "Okay, ready." She picks up her wand and skips towards us.

"Bit small aren't those?" I say with a chuckle.

"No, they're perfectly fine. I just didn't feel like untying them." She smirks; we roll our eyes.

We didn't plan to meet up with the boys, but here they are waltzing down the opposite dormitory stairs. "Morning, where are you lot headed?" George greets.

"Hogsmeade." Hermione chimes, holding a book tightly at her waist.

"Are you going just to sit in the tea shop like last time?" Ron asks sarcastically with a wide grin.

"Ha ha ha. So funny Ronald." Hermione retorts with a stern expression and a raised eyebrow. An instant blush arises onto his cheeks, leaving his grin to fade away.

"We were actually heading into Hogsmeade as well. Christmas present shopping?" Harry asks, his smile gleaming like always. It's sometimes hard to imagine Harry as my brother. It feels so unnatural, since we've just been friends this whole time.

"Yeah actually." Maddie pauses making a concentrated face for second at the ground and looking back up with a mischievous grin. "Remember when we said that the last person still awake last night would have everyone do something as punishment since we fell asleep?"

"Yeah, why?" Rowan answers.

"Well, I was thinking, since we are all headed to Hogsmeade right now, that we could do something there. Perhaps, dares?" She suggests.

"Ooo sounds eventful. I'm in." Belle agreed, the rest following with a 'why not' kind of nod.

"Alright, who was the last one up? Y/n?" She turns around to meet my eyes.

"I don't know maybe." I shrug.

"Fred was still up when I woke up in the middle of the night though." George mentions.

"Okay then, both of you say the time you went to sleep, just to make sure this winner is clear. Okay go."

"Twelve." We say together. I glance at him and we make eye contact for a second before my eyes flick back to Maddie.

"Okay, then you'll both have to figure out the dare together." She says awkwardly, not having another solution to the situation. I turn to my right and roll my eyes at the floor for a moment. Maybe he could just pick something on his own and I won't have to to talk to him. There, problem solved, just avoid him. No, I can't do that, it's childish.

"Okay, let's go, the stores are going to be packed if we don't move quickly." Enzo insists, relieving the tension from the room.

We use the fire place in the common room as our transportation while using the floo network, making our way into the Three Broomsticks in seconds. I crash onto the ground, my shoulder hammering down on the floorboards. "How do you always manage to fall?" Hermione questions, offering me her hand and pulling me up.