Chapter fifty

"Can you think of anything that you heard?" Draco questions hopelessly and I send him an annoyed glare as we trudge through the forest.

"I only knew as much as Voldemort allowed me to, which wasn't very much." My mind comes to a halt. "Well, actually, he did send me a message before." The blonde boy's eyebrows scrunch together, having known nothing of the event. No one else did, I did as the Dark Lord said and kept my mouth shut. 

"What did he say? Something that would assist us in getting out of here?" I shake my head.

"No, only that he wanted to meet me soon. It was in a journal, like the one Harry found in second year." His grey eyes flash past me and suspicion runs across his features. I follow his gaze, being met with a long entrance that stands in the middle between two stone walls.

"Great, now we have to deal with a stupid bloody maze." Draco scoffs, running his fingers through his hair that is somehow perfectly gelled back.

"Come on." I insist and begin walking forward.

—————

Maddie's POV:

As we all walk down to the Great Hall, my stomach growls at the sight of all the mouth-watering foods. George takes a seat beside Fred, guiding me to the open spot next to him. I glance towards Fred and give him a questioning look, referring to the empty spot that y/n usually occupies.

George told me about their conversation yesterday, how Fred has doubts about his relationship. It's sad to hear, even though I've experienced some of the same things with y/n the past few months. It's confusing how she suddenly changed, but it's like how everyone says, people change at a certain age, and apparently it was sixteen for y/n.

He shrugs and redirects his hopeless eyes down to his plate. I glance around the room and spot her walking in with a few Slytherins, the smile never leaving her her lips. I stay standing as she makes it over here, visibly rolling her eyes when she sees me.

"What's got your pretty little French tie in a knot, Madeleine?" She questions mockingly, avoiding her usual seat beside Fred and picking one on the other side. She wears a carefree half grin and I glance over at Hermione who looks at the h/c haired girl with worry.

"I can feel your bug eyes on me, Hermione." She snaps, not looking up as she spins a galleon on the table. Ginny slaps it down and y/n finally glances up at her, un-phased.

"You're acting like a bloody bitch, y/n." She leans back amused. "We can't help you if you don't tell us what's wrong." She doesn't respond, just glances over to the Slytherin table, where Draco gives her a warning look. Goosebumps arise on my skin at the sight.

Y/n's mood flips and her smirk falls as she pushes herself up from the table. "You're right, sorry. There's nothing wrong." She curls her lips into a quick friendly smiles and walks away, leaving us all in confusion.

"Well, at least she's self aware, that one." Ron comments, continuing his conversation with Seamus and Dean.

Fred's POV:

A few moments later I excuse myself to the washroom, leaving using the side exit. I continue through the empty corridor, eventually taking notice of whispers farther away.

"What the hell are you doing?" A boy's voice questions angrily.

"It was getting boring so I spiced it up a bit. What's the problem with that?" I recognize the voice to belong to y/n.

"The problem is you would never act like that." The whispers become inaudible for a minute and the encounter quickly comes to an end. "Fix it." The boy says sternly and begins walking in my direction.