Chapter five

The rest of the night was pretty ordinary, Molly made an amazing dinner, as always, and we all went to bed. I didn't get very much sleep that night due to a horrible headache that lasted through the morning.

I woke up a bit before the break of dawn, not being able to go back to sleep. I stand up and start walking towards the creaky stairs, exhausted. I grab a glass of water, now in the kitchen, and peer through the window above the sink. The moonlight reflecting off of my skin as I ponder about returning back to school the next day.

A hear footsteps behind me, startling me out of my deep thought. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." Fred apologized

"Oh, no you're fine." I reply, taking another sip from my glass.

"Can't sleep either?" He asks gazing out the same window. I shook my head.

"No, headache. You?" I respond, leaning against the counter awkwardly in my cropped tank top and short shorts.

"Just thinking I guess." He says, starting to yawn.

"Alright, I'm gonna try and get some sleep. You should too." He adds walking away, leaving me alone in the kitchen once again

"I'll try," I respond in a soft whisper.

—————

A few hours later, Ginny starts jumping on my bed, causing me to wake up instantly. I felt a bit better due to getting a few hours of sleep ,but the headache almost got worse.

I sit up slowly, a groan being released from my lips. "Are you alright you don't look to good." Hermione asks worriedly

"Yeah just a headache." I respond, squinting my eyes at the light. I stand up to grab my Gryffindor hoodie and black sweatpants.

I walk down to the kitchen with my hood covering my head, everyone was already seated at the table for breakfast. I melt into my seat next to Harry, putting my head down in silence.

Molly turns around to look at the table with a platter in her hands filled with all kinds of breakfast foods. "Oh good morning y/n. I didn't even hear you come down." She says, handing everyone a plate. I lift my head up to look at her.

"Good morning Mrs. Weasley." I mumble.

Everyone serves themselves, me being the last one. I put half the the amount that I would usually take on my plate. To be honest I didn't really have an appetite, but didn't want to be rude so I ate a blueberry muffin and half a pancake.

"You don't want anymore y/n/n?" Molly asks taking my plate away from in front of me.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you though." I respond, putting my head back down.

"Is something wrong dear? You're not talking much today." She asks, concern flooding her face.

"Just my head." I say, my voice being muffled by my sweatshirt.

"Maybe you should stay home and rest. We need you to be feeling well for school tomorrow." That's the moment I realized we were going to go to Diagon Alley today to purchase our materials for school. "I don't know if I would want you to be staying home by yourself though." She adds with a concerned expression.

"We can stay home with her." The twins say together, causing me to lift my head up. Molly glances over at me.

"Would you be okay with that?"

"Yes, of course." I say casually. Home alone with the twins? This is bound to be a weird night.

—————

Everyone departed for Diagon Alley at around quarter to two, leaving the three of us in the living room. Within an hour we were on our third game of chess.

"Come on Fred, you've got this. There's just one thing you have to do." George whispers into Fred's ear as he concentrates on the board. He slides his black king a few spaces over, resulting in me pushing my white king right next to his.

"Check mate." I say, knocking over the wooden piece with a snicker.

"Y/n/n wins again!" George announces while holding my arm up in the air. Fred rolls his eyes, causing me to giggle.

"You couldn't win against her either." Fred mentions, narrowing his eyes teasingly, making us all laugh.

"I should probably start packing for tomorrow." I say, getting up from the couch.

"Alright, movie later?" Fred asks

"Fine by me." I reply, walking up the stairs to Ginny's room. I start taking my clean, folded clothes out of the basket and putting them in my trunk, setting my robes on top for tomorrow.

—————

After about two hours of organizing all of my things, I walk back downstairs to find Fred and George reading. "I didn't know you could read." I say with furrowed brows peering over Fred's shoulder. He flinches in response, turning to look at me.

"You have gotten quite good at sneaking around haven't you?" He says with a grin, almost impressed.

"Maybe." I reply, shrugging my shoulders and mirroring the expression.

"Okay, what kind movie?" George asks. I look out the window into the pitch black backyard and back at him.

"Horror." I answer.

"You sure?" Fred asks, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Yea, I love horror movies. Unless you're, you know, too scared, but I'm not judging." I say jokingly.

"Horror it is." He challenges, refocusing on his twin.

George ends up picking 'Nightmare on Elm Street.'

He puts the disc in while Fred makes the popcorn. I wait on the couch until Fred came back with the bowl. "Why are you holding your arms?" He asks confused.

"Just a little cold."

"Do you have a blanket?"

"It's in the wash." I answer.

"Hold on," He jogs up the stairs and grabs a fuzzy, maroon blanket from his room. "There." He says, handing me the blanket.

"Thanks, Freddie." I say, hesitantly snuggling into the blanket.

"You're welcome, darling." I attempt to suppress ny smile at that and I innocently lean my head on him. I hear him release an airy laugh in response before he lays his arm on my shoulders, pulling me in closer.

—————

The movie was finished , I was exhausted, and I begin trudging up to Ginny's room again. Once standing next to my mattress, I collapse.

I snuggle into the blanket once again, smelling a mixture of cologne and gunpowder. It was a comforting smell that made me fall asleep instantly.