Chapter ten

While sitting in charms, I notice a few Gryffindors staring at me weirdly. I send them a confused look and they quickly turn away, almost like they were scared of me. What was that about? I think to myself, turning my focus back to Professor Flitwick, who is obviously annoyed I wasn't paying attention.

He stares at me for a very long second with an ugly scowl, causing me to widen my eyes. Harry, Hermione, and Ron snicker at my expression, knowing that Flitwick has always scared me.

There were two other times that I caught other students staring at me, whispering to each other. This didn't annoy me, it just made me more confused. What were they whispering about?

When we all sit down for dinner, the staring and whispering continued. "Hey Hermione, is there something I missed because it seems like everyone is whispering today." I ask her, hoping that it was just that they liked my clothes or something like that.

"No, nothing that I know of." She replies. I turn back to my plate, poking at the pile mashed potatoes with my spoon.

Out of nowhere, I hear fast footsteps coming up from behind me. I flinch a little at the sound of a girl's frantic voice. "Y/n! Have you heard the rumors?" Luna asks, out of breathe from running across the Great Hall.

"No. What's going on?" I reply, nervous.

"People are saying you're related to Pansy?" She states, grabbing the attention of my friends.

"Where did they hear that?" I ask, taking a short, stammered breath.

"Apparently someone in Gryffindor was listening in on you yesterday. They told everyone." She says with a worried look. I stare at the ground for a second before looking up with a build up of tears in my eyes. I see pansy strutting towards me through my blurry vision.

I stumble while trying to stand up, and sprint out of the room as fast as I can. I run as far away as I can, or until I couldn't hear the talking anymore, before breaking down in a dark corner of the castle.

I wrap my weak arms around my legs as tears slide down my cheeks. I cry silently, not wanting to lead her right to me. I hear rapid footsteps coming closer to me.

I sob harder, anxiously waiting for her to kick or push me, but instead I am pulled into familiar arms. I untuck my head from in between my legs and glance up. "Fred?" I ask.

"Shhh. It's alright darling. I've got you." He whispers, as my tears continue to fall. His scent calmed me, and his touch made me feel safe.

Soon enough, I had no more tears left to cry and my exhausted eyes closed. I feel myself drift off into a deep sleep, resting my tired, relaxed body against his. His arms grip me tighter, as he lays his head on top of mine. 

—————

I wake up covered in a warm, fuzzy blanket. I groan a little, straightening up to stretch without opening my eyes. "Morning." A deep voice greets, making me jump a little.

"Bloody hell George." I say, taking a deep breathe. "When did I get here?" I ask, analyzing their messy dorm. There was a pile of clothing in the corner sitting next to a box labeled 'Fireworks.' I brush it off, knowing that it was normal for Fred and George to have all sorts of odd things in their room.

"You don't remember?" He asks confused. I shake my head. "Oh well, after you were done crying, you fell asleep ,and then Fred carried you up here." He states.

Suddenly, the bathroom door swings opens, causing me to redirect my gaze. "Oh good you're up. Did you sleep well? You were out like a light." Fred chimes, fresh out of the shower.

"Oh, yeah." I reply. His hair is messy and dripping wet. I blush the instant I realized he's only wearing a towel. I look away quickly trying to hide it. "I should probably go to my dorm." I state, sliding off of his bed.

"Alright, I'll see you at Hogsmeade?" He asks, looking at me. "Oh, um yeah. Probably." I respond, grabbing my shoes from beside the door. I slip them on before walking out their dorm awkwardly.

A few of the other Gryffindor boys gave me an odd look while walking from Fred's room, probably because boys and girls weren't allowed to sleep in each other's dorms.

I scurry down the hallway to my dorm. I open the door quickly and close it, turning my head towards the beds. "There you are. Are you alright? Where have you been?" Hermione asks worriedly, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm okay, I think. I spent the night in Fred's dorm." I respond. She eyes me skeptically. "What happened yesterday after I ran out?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Pansy just stopped where she was once she realized that you were running away and went to sit back down by the rest of the Slytherins. She kept sending us nasty looks after Fred went running after you. It looked like he was really concerned about you." She adds, brushing through her hair.

"I guess so." I respond, slightly smiling.

After taking a shower, I pick out my clothes for Hogmeade. I put on a black jean skirt that went down to my lower thigh and a fitted dark red long sleeve top that I tucked in. I clasp the sliver necklace that Hermione gave me for Christmas last year around my neck.

Hermione asks me if she can style my hair once in a while, I never decline because she is actually quite good at doing hair. She twists my hair into two French braids before I lace up my black converse high tops once again. I swipe the tube of clear lip gloss across my soft lips, giving them a shiny finish.

We strut out of the door to go meet the boys in the common room. I try to ignore all of the negative thoughts popping into my head about yesterday's incident as I walk down the stairs beside Hermione.