Chapter thirty eight

We descend down the train stairs onto platform 9 3/4, all of our eyes being taken to the two joyful redheads waiting for them. Hermione looks back at me with a sad expression. "We're going to miss you."

"You'll be too busy enjoying your stay at the burrow to miss me, don't worry 'Mione." I assure her with my hand on her shoulder, she nods.

"Fine...But! You have to come next year to Christmas since you bailed on us this time."

"Okay, I will." She lowers her head and looks through her eyebrows not convinced. "I promise!" She pops up and embraces me in a hug.

"Okay, we have to go, all the boys are already done greeting each other." Ginny says, pushing Hermione towards the crowd of Weasleys who happen to be staring at us.

"Bye Y/n!" Hermione squeals as Ginny ushers her off, leaving Maddie to follow behind.

"Hey Maddie, have a good time with George." I say with a wink.

"Oh, thanks- Y/n!" She exclaims, realizing my words. She punches my shoulder making my grin grow even wider. "Shut up. You're annoying." She growls playfully, picking up her trunk from the the ground.

"Love you!" I shout through the platform as she walks towards Hermione and Ginny. After waving to Molly and Arthur with a friendly smile, similar to theirs, I glance around the platform for the platinum blonde girl whom I'd be spending the week with. 

"Love you too!" Maddie reluctantly calls back, causing me to snicker.

"What's so funny?" Luna asks cheerfully as she lightly skips towards me. I instantly wrap my arms around her, Neville next, even though he didn't really know what to do with his hands so, I had to put them around my back for him.

"Father's this way." She states before starting towards the other end of the platform. After dodging hundreds of bundled up students heading for the entrance into the muggle world, my eyes fall onto Xenophilius Lovegood, a tall man wearing lose clothing and layers of crystal necklaces with hair the exact shade as his daughter's.

"Father, this is Y/n and Neville." She introduces.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lovegood. Thank you having us for the week." I say kindly, Neville nervously adding a 'yeah' in agreement.

We apparate from there, the swirly green tunnel I am sucked into causes a wave of nausea to come over me like a wave in the ocean with the goal of drowning me. When we land on the frosted grassy ground of the white field that surrounds her home,  I almost lose my balance as I fight the urge of throwing up right on the spot. "Are you feeling alright y/n? You're looking a bit pale." Luna mentions as she analyzes my uneasy, colorless complexion.

"Mhm. Fine, just not very used to all the twisting and falling of apparation yet." I respond, breathing deeply to calm my discomfort.

"Understandable, you'd have to get used to it, takes some time though. Don't dwell on it." Mr. Lovegood adds before turning towards their house and beginning in it's direction. I don't know if I would actually consider it a house, more like a tower with it's tall black stone structure and multiple layers. It's sort of lopsided, similar to how the burrow is, but more stable. All different green vines travel up the side of the house, taking over at least a quarter of the outside. I continue following them through the field, tripping over frozen weeds once in a while when they enclose around my ankles.

Mr. Lovegood twists the creaky doorknob and invites us into his home, jewel and gem decorated, but still had a unique cozy feel to it. Windows surround the living room, gladly welcoming the warm, orange tinted rays of the sun which sets above the trees in the far distance past the field. Luna shows us to her room and the ones that Neville and I would be staying in. She chose a gentle sage colored room for me, decorated with paintings of flowers, much like the ones that are scattered around every room in the house, especially hers. There's only one room she didn't show us or even mention, which is fine because they have multiple floors in here so my legs were already tired after the several flights of stairs. With a periwinkle colored room herself, she sits Neville and I down to play games, her favorites are wizard chess and monopoly.