More Than Words: Christmas, four years later

(isn't this pic just 🤗? It doesn't really have anything to do w/ this particular oneshot, but it's so cute that I just had to chuck it up at the top here:)

A/N: Hi all! Merry late Christmas! This oneshot is from the More Than Words universe (MTW is a Pesy!baby story I finished a while back). If you haven't read it yet, check it out! It's probably the happiest thing I've ever written, and I'm always tempted to revisit it and write more when I'm in need of comfort. Maybe it can offer you some comfort too:) This oneshot will still make sense even if you haven't read MTW tho, so if you haven't gotten round to it yet, don't worry! 

Hope you enjoy! 

---

"-mama in her kerchief, and I in my cap-"

"You don't have a cap!" Parker laughs, tugging gently at Perrie's loose blonde hair.

"Perhaps Mister Bear can be my cap then, eh?" She asks, picking up Parker's favorite stuffed animal and balancing him on her head. "He's stunning, no?"

"Mister Bear's not a cap!" Parker laughs, climbing onto Perrie's lap so that she can pluck Mister Bear off Perrie's head.

Perrie tickles her sides when she does and Parker laughs even louder than before, half-heartedly attempting to fight Perrie off.

Perrie slows her tickles eventually and wraps her arms around Parker instead, and Parker snuggles into her eagerly.

Watching Perrie and Parker interact like this always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside in a way that nothing else can.

They just sit and snuggle for a few minutes before Parker picks The Night Before Christmas up off the bed where Perrie dropped it and hands it to her.

"Here you go," she says, handing the book to Perrie, which Perrie knows is code for can you please start reading again?

Perrie picks up where she left off and I continue to watch my girls from the doorway, wondering if I've ever been happier in my whole entire life.

My girls make me wonder that a lot.

Perrie reads as Parker listens, twirling bits of Perrie's blonde hair between her fingers.

I keep listening from my place in the doorway, content to just watch them until one of them notices me or Perrie finishes the story, whichever comes first.

I draw their attention unintentionally when I laugh loudly at Perrie doing her Father Christmas voice for the "On Dasher, on Dancer" bit, and Parker waves me over excitedly.

"Pezzie is reading, Mummy. Not Stinky Face this time, 'cause it's Christmas. So it's- Pezzie, what's it called?" She asks, trying to look up at Perrie at the same time she leans against her, which leads to her looking at Perrie over her forehead in an upside-down sorta way.

"The Night Before Christmas," Perrie tells her matter-of-factly, pressing a kiss to her head before she shifts her focus to me. "Do you want to come read the rest for us?"

"I would love to come sit with you," I say, settling on the bed with them, "but I think Parker would much prefer if you kept reading it."

Parker is notably silent, and both Perrie and I can't help but laugh.

"I just like Pezzie's Santa voice the best. Sorry mum," Parker says.

"That's perfectly alright, baby," I say, leaning over to kiss her head. "Pez does have a great Santa voice."