You woke up in my bed

Warnings: 

Stupid sex jokes/references to sex (No smut or anything close tho lmao), some swearing

It's mostly just really cute🤗

see yous for an A/N at the end💫

ps. it's a little messy and a lot unedited, cause I wrote it in three separate pieces several months apart. Soz. Hopefully the twice (maybe thrice?) -switching narrative isn't too hard to follow✨

---

When Jesy leaves the bottom bunk for a drink for the third time in a half hour, I follow her out.

"Jes, y'alright?" I ask sleepily, seeing her start a bit before she realizes it's just me. "Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you. I was just worried you were ill or something, wanted to check on you."

"Thanks, Pezza," she says, giving me a soft smile that makes me feel all fluttery and warm. I usually try to push those feelings aside, cause they're not friend feelings, and non-friend feelings have no place in a successful, long-lasting band, but. Sometimes I can't help it. "I'm okay, I think. Just nervous. I can't sleep."

"I'm sorry," I say, getting closer until I'm leaned up on the counter, same as her. I'm trying to be cool, but I'm not sure it's working. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Gimme a hug?" Jesy asks after clearly coming up empty but not wanting to make me feel useless.

I'm all too happy to oblige, jumping into her arms and squeezing her tightly.

She laughs a bit at my eagerness, but squeezes back just as tight.

I try to let go after I'm sure we've been attached for too long, but she won't let me go, holding me close against her.

I squeeze her again, thrilled to stay wrapped around her as long as she'll let me. It's only when I notice the soft sniffling sounds that I become worried.

"Jesy, are you- you're crying," I say lamely, pulling back a bit so I can look at her.

"Yeah," she says, shooting me a watery smile. "Everything's just... sort of getting to me lately. The pressure, the comments, the homesickness. I'm kind of lonely," she finishes, surprising me.

"You- you're lonely?" I ask, confused. "You have, like- the most friends of anyone! Well, all you girls have lots of friends, really."

"Yeah, well. I suppose that's true," she says. "But I'm not- well, I'm not- like, proper close to anyone, really. Except you, and probably Leigh and Jade. But still, I just- I don't wanna bring yous down with my negativity, you know?"

"You don't," I say, trying to assure her, but struggling for words like I often do. I'm a touch shy anyway, but around Jesy I'm proper- well, proper awkward. "You, ah, you couldn't. You make me really happy, Jesy."

I expect her to cringe a bit when I say it, as that's what I'm doing internally, but she just smiles at me. A real one, bright and shiny. "Thank you, Pezza. You make me happy too."

I smile at her shyly, feeling my face go proper red at her comment and hoping the dim lighting hides my blush.

As I'm trying to think of what to say next, I notice Jesy give a big yawn, and I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Do you, ah, should we head to bed?"

"Are you trying to get me to sleep with you?" she asks, seeming serious.