so hazy, but it's alright

Title taken from Little Mix's Love Drunk. Enjoy!

xx

 I wake to something tickling my cheek. I scrunch my nose, trying to rid myself of the tickly-thing, but it just falls to my mouth instead. I blow a breath out, hoping that'll do the trick, but it falls back just as soon as I've blown it away. I give up on the idea of solving my problem hands-free, and reach up to shove the itchy blonde thing out of my face.

Wait, blonde?

I quickly run a hand through my own hair, relieved when I pull a strand in front of my face and see that its still red. The girls would never let me live it down if I drunk dyed my hair again. I don't remember having more than a single drink last night, but I don't remember eating either, so who knows how much damage a single voddy diet coke could do?

"Mmm," I feel, more than hear, on the back of my neck. The sound is gruff, but distinctly feminine, and can't help but wonder yet again if I was a little drunker than I thought. I usually prefer boys on my little conquests, but I've been known to fall into the bed of a girl or two before. I take in my surroundings, feel the hands linked around my waist, the smooth, pale leg stuck in between mine and curled around my ankle. The hot breath at the back of my neck, in and out, in, out. It's only when I hear her speak that I realize exactly how much trouble I may be in.

"Morning, baba," Perrie says from behind me.

"Good morning," I answer softly, both a little relieved and a little afraid. Perrie and I are no strangers to a bit of a drunken snog, or a little grinding in the club, but the way she's holding me right now seems a lot more intimate than anything else we've ever done.

"We don' have to get up yet, d'we?" She mumbles against my neck. The vibrations from her gravelly voice combined with the feel of her warms lips on my neck could have me agreeing to anything, I'm afraid.

"Not yet," I tell her, though part of me thinks I should get up and run out right then and right there. The other part of me never wants to leave her embrace.

"M'kay, good," She says sleepily, pulling me a bit closer and wedging her leg a bit more firmly between my own. Soon enough, I hear her soft snores and I know she's back asleep. Even though I'm scared out of my mind, I can't help but smile at her cute little snuffles. I try to fall back to sleep, to just relax and let her hold me like I've wanted her to for the last I don't know how many years, but the fact that I can't really remember last night keeps me from doing so. I'm terribly concerned that I've stepped across some invisible friendship line. But, if I've stepped across, I suppose Perrie's stepped right with me, hasn't she? I mean, she is the one holding me, after all.

Despite my best efforts, or at least the best I can offer at the minute, sleep seems reluctant to take me, so I just try to enjoy this little moment that I don't know if I'll ever get again.

It ends sooner than I'd like it to, as Perrie starts to stir again 10 minutes later, this time rolling away from me as she stretches her arms and legs. I stay still, unsure of what to do.

"Jes?" She asks me a few moments later. "Jes, are you awake?"

"Yeah, I'm up," I say, rolling over just in time to see Perrie rubbing her tired eyes. Wow, she's cute.

"What time is it?" She asks.

"How am I supposed to know?" I ask with a laugh. "I just got up, same as you."

She smiles at me before grabbing her phone off the nightstand.

"Why, it's practically the crack of dawn!" She says with a yawn.