Friends With Benefits (edited)

A/N:

!PLEASE READ!

If you follow my smut book, I'll be posting an extended version of this oneshot there in just a minute. The ending is different in this version (and the oneshot is much shorter over all), but the first five or so pages are literally exactly the same. The one in the smut book contains much more story development (it's 17 pages long compared to this one, which is only 6) and only a couple of those pages are smut. I am v v dumb, however, and in writing the original (smut) version of this oneshot, I got them being all touchy-feely pretty early in the oneshot. They take a break and do a lot of talking and figure out their relationship in the other version before any major smut-smut happens, but I know some people are not comfortable with smut or things too close to smut and so I wanted to omit all of that in this oneshot. So this is unfortunately kind of watered-down version of what I'll be posting in my smut book. Just the nature of the beast with these things though, you know? Anyway, I hope you still enjoy it! 

And if you don't mind smut, go check out the full version in the smut book as well! I still think both are worth reading so you get both endings (if you don't care about smut), but if you're gonna read both, I'd start with the smut one and then come back to this.

For those who don't like smut, I hope you enjoy this oneshot here! Sorry it's a little short:/

okay, on to the story!

💫💫💫

     "Pez?" I hear her yell from where I'm hiding from the world under my blankets.

Shit. Did I forget to cancel?

"Pez?" She calls, opening my door this time. "Pezza?"

"I'm here," I say, sticking an arm above the blanket.

She jumps onto the bed playfully, crawling up to where I'm situated.

"I mean, I was thinking we'd grab dinner first, but if you wanna get straight into bed..." she trails off, and I don't need to see her to know that she's smiling.

I muster a tiny laugh, but the pain in my head keeps me from doing anything more.

"Pez?" she calls, gently this time, pulling the blanket back so she can see my face.

I can see the concern on her features as soon as she catches sight of my tear-stained face. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"My head really hurts," I cry softly, unable to keep the tears in even though I know crying is only gonna make it worse.

"Have you got a migraine, Baba?" she asks, tucking a lock of hair around my ear slowly, gently.

"I don't know," I say, unconsciously pulling my face into a pitiful pout. "It hurts so bad."

"Oh, Pezza," she says, pressing the most gentle kiss to my forehead. "Have you taken anything for it?"

"No," I say softly. "I don't- I can't remember where I put my headache tablets."

"I'll go find them, okay? And if I can't find them, I'll go buy some or get mine, yeah? We'll get you feeling better, I promise," she says, already getting up off the bed.

"Jes, I-" I start, and she turns back to me. "I- even if you find the tablets, I don't- I'm not gonna be up for our usual "Friends with Benefits Friday.'"

"Of course not, Love," she says, looking almost offended that I would think that's why she's being sweet to me. "I just don't want you to feel this bad. I'm not- I don't have an ulterior motive, okay? I just want to help you."