A Sleepy Studio Session

A/N: Does this photo match the theme of this oneshot at all? No. But it's just so quintessentially Pesy that it had to be done😉

Enjoy!

---

She wanders through the door in all her eye-rubbing, blanket-dragging glory sometime after Jesy stops looking at the clock.

It was 1:47am at last glance, and she's been too afraid to look up at the digital clock situated just above the booth door-frame in their home studio for some time now.

"Y'alright, Love?" Jesy asks, smiling at Perrie's sleepy face as she ambles toward the couch in the "writing area" that Jesy's currently sat on.

Their home studio doesn't see nearly as much action now as it did in the first couple years they lived together, when Little Mix was in its heyday. Now, nearly half a decade into their hiatus and 2 years into she and Perrie admitting they've long been more than just housemates, it's mostly used for Perrie to record the demos Jesy writes. Jesy could do it herself, she supposes, but there's nothing she likes more than hearing Perrie sing. Plus, they're a team: the songs she writes just wouldn't feel quite finished without Perrie's extra little trills.

Perrie falls onto the couch, sort-of-gracefully and sort-of-not, curling up next to Jesy.

"M'tired," Perrie mumbles, opening her unfocused eyes to- glare, maybe? Jesy can't quite tell. Regardless, she looks more cute than anything, which Jesy doesn't think is the intended effect.

"Why don't you go to bed then, bub?" Jesy asks, setting her notebook aside and gently lifting Perrie's head to rest on her leg.

Perrie hums, giving a little grin as she makes herself comfortable, pressing a sloppy kiss to Jesy's bare thigh.

Jesy can't help the little prickle she gets along her spine, shivering just a tad before she leans back a bit, blowing out a breath.

Perrie's nearly asleep again on her lap, looking the picture of peace and serenity, and Jesy can't keep from running gentle fingertips across her girlfriend's soft features.

Well, except for her Jaw. Perrie's jaw is anything but soft, and Jesy couldn't be happier. Even before they were properly together, Jesy used to just sort of... stare at Perrie's jaw. And then her lips, her nose, those eyes-

"Keep doing that," Perrie demands groggily, pushing Jesy's hand, which had started to trail along her neck, back up to her face.

Jesy obliges. Never one for telling Perrie no, she continues her tender perusal of Perrie's face with her soft fingers.

Perrie starts to doze, working her way into that little snore that Jesy sometimes hates and sometimes adores. She adores it now, as it provides a backdrop for her thinking. (and not an interruption to her own sleeping.) She picks her notebook back up, propping it on the left arm of the couch, and sets to work.

She drags her fingers along Perrie's profile, and then into her hair as she scribbles down lyrics, feeling a bit sleepy herself.

Looking up at the clock, she notes that its well past half two.

Just five more minutes, she decides, leaning down to lay a featherlight kiss on Perrie's temple before she dives back into writing.

She writes until Perrie stirs, looking up at the clock and realizing that she's well over her time. She's satisfied with that, and leans back to pull Perrie into her arms.

"S'time for bed, Jes," Perrie says, eyes closed and mouth barely open. "S't'late for now. Sleepy time."

"If you say so," Jesy teases, pulling Perrie into her lap. Perrie curls herself into Jesy immediately, like she always does. It makes Jesy so happy, fills her with so much joy when Perrie responds so easily, so thoughtlessly. She's always responsive to Jesy's touch- always has been, really- and Jesy's delighted by that.