"Can I sleep in here?"

A/N: Hello Loves! 

The next few "oneshots" are all really short, so I'm posting a few one right after the other. I'm gonna throw the A/N onto the last one, so I'll see you there✨

---

     "Can I sleep in here?" A small voice asks, startling Jesy from where she's intently reading a review of their last performance.

"Uh, yeah, 'course," Jesy replies, shooting Perrie a little smile. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Perrie says whilst quickly nodding her head. She's always been a shit liar, and this is no exception.

"Liar," Jesy says jokingly, calling her out. She expects a laugh in return, but Perrie barely manages the tiniest of smiles. "Pez baby, what's wrong?"

"I just feel really... well, sad," Perrie says, bottom lip already set aquiver.

Jesy's proper concerned now, not used to seeing her little ray of sunshine in such a state.

"Hey, come 'ere," she says, getting up to grab Perrie's hand when Pez stays where she is.

Once Jesy has hold of her, Perrie follows her easily, letting Jesy pull her around. Jesy leads her to the bed and pulls the comforter back, yanking the sheets down and settling in, pulling Perrie down with her. Jes quickly settles so that she's lying just behind Perrie, spooning her.

"Do you wanna tell me what's wrong, love?" Jesy whispers into Perrie's ear.

Perrie shakes her head.

"Not yet," Perrie clarifies, speaking softly.

"That's alright," Jesy says easily. "Shall I just hold you, then?"

"Please," Perrie says gratefully.

Jesy doesn't reply, just kisses her head.

Jesy's kisses don't fix everything, but they do make Perrie feel just the tiniest bit less tragic, and for now, that's enough.

---

💖