Stressed

(A/N: look at these p r e c i o u s little get weird era babeys 😭)

---

And it's only Tuesday, my brain reminds me, giving me a refresher of the hell that was today.

     The train was late, I left my charger at home, my backpack strap snapped, I was late to a meeting, I was woefully underprepared for my second meeting, I left my lunch on the train, snapped a heel, and then I ended up having to stay almost three hours late to prep for tomorrow's meeting, which I'll also be recording minutes for as my penance for being late to the meeting I was meant to conduct today.

     I'm already trying to work out if I'll have time to bathe, eat, and sleep or if I'll have to pick and choose which of those actions I'd like to treat myself to when I get to my door and realize I don't have my key.

     "Fuck!" I yell, banging a hand on the door. I'm immediately embarrassed with myself for my little temper tantrum, but today has just been the worst!

     I lean against the door, feeling the angry tears welling, when the door opens and a sunshiney, blue eyed face peeks out.

     "Pez?" I ask quietly.

     "Hey," Perrie says, opening the door more fully.

     "What are you doing here? Not that I mind, I just..."

     "I, um. I just wanted to surprise you with dinner? If you're not up for it tonight, though-"

     "Dinner sounds perfect," I say, feeling my hardened heart get a bit softer.

     "Okay," Perrie says sweetly, picking my backpack up from where I dropped it on the floor. "I grabbed a couple things on my way over, it won't take me too long to throw it all together. Sound alright?"

     "You're perfect," I say, pressing a kiss to her lips.

     She uses her free hand to smack my bum, surprising me enough that I break our kiss with a laugh.

     "What was that for?" I ask, draping my arms around her waist.

     "You looked like you needed it," she says with a little wink.

     "Mmm," I hum, leaning in for another quick peck before I link my hand with Perrie's, dragging her into the living room.

     I try to pull her down onto the couch with me, but she's having none of it.

     "I need to get started on dinner," she says with a little smile.

     "What if I'd rather have you for dinner?" I say cheekily.

     Perrie blushes hard, laughing. "Well, then I might be a little upset that I drove all the way to Southampton to pick up someone's favorite pasta sauce only for it to go to waste."

     "You're making pasta? Go then!" I say, shooing her away.

     She snorts, rolling her eyes and walking out of the room.

     "Pez?" I ask, suddenly nervous for no good reason.

     "Yes, baba?" She replies, turning back to look at me.

     "Can you stay? After dinner? Just for a while?" I ask.

     "'Course," she says with a grin, walking back toward me to press a kiss to my forehead. "Dinner will be ready in half an hour or so, okay?"

     "What am I supposed to do til then?" I ask with a pout, aware I'm being a little annoying, but also aware that Perrie likes that sometimes.