Flop

Jesy's hard at work on something when I come into our room. She's sitting on the bed, hunched close to her laptop even though she has her glasses on. We both know she needs a new prescription, but she's being stubborn about going to the eye doctor. I've scheduled her an appointment for when we get back from the Maldives, but I still haven't figured out how to get her to the eye doctor's office. 

I shake myself out of my thoughts, walking slowly towards the bed and waiting for her to notice me.

I've reached the foot and she's yet to look up, still tippity-tapping away. I can see her squinting at the screen through her large-framed glasses, and I'm delighted when her nose scrunches as well. She huffs out a breath before she hits the "delete" key over and over, pushing a hand through her hair as she does.

When she still doesn't look up at me, I flop onto the bed.

She runs a quick hand through my hair, but otherwise pays me no mind.

"Whatcha working on, baby?" I ask, nuzzling my head into the hand she has laid on the bed in the hope that she'll play with my hair some more.

I spy the grin tugging at the corner of her mouth when I do, and pop on a grin of my own when she obliges my wordless request, scratching her nimble fingers along my scalp.

She only does so for a second though, pulling her hand away to type again after only a couple scratches.

"Jes," I whine, pouting up at her.

"Yeah, babe?" she asks without looking at me, still giving the laptop most of her attention.

"Pay attention to me," I whine, not caring how needy I sound.

She laughs as she looks at me, bending down to give me a quick, placating kiss.

"I just have to get to a good stopping point, okay? Just gimme like five minutes, and then I'm all yours," she promises.

"Alright," I huff, pulling out my phone. "I'm putting you on the clock."

She laughs again, a beautiful, musical sound, giving me a quick wink before her focus returns to the document in front of her.

"Start your timer, then," she says with a grin.

So I do. I decide on the stopwatch function on my phone rather than the traditional timer one, wanting to avoid the anxiety-inducing alarm that would sound at the end of a true timer.

I'm in the middle of a very intense game of online solitaire when I feel Jesy's hand stroke my hair again.

As I look up at her, I notice her closed laptop is now placed on the bedside table, and that her arms are outstretched.

I scramble into them immediately, but keep my phone close. I've got $3 riding on my current game, and I don't want to lose.

I settle so that my back is pressed to her front, happy when she curls around me, letting her head come to rest on my shoulder.

"Did I make my time?" She asks, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

I toggle to the timer quickly and note that it's only been 4 minutes and 28 seconds.

"4:28," I tell her, hurriedly switching the screen back to my game. "Overachiever."

She plants another kiss to my cheek, sighing as she does.

When I don't respond, she huffs.

"You know, for someone who was so insistent that I abandon my work to pay attention to her..." she trails off, craning her head around to try and look me in the face.

I look up very quickly, turning my head to give her the quickest kiss before I get back to my game.

"You can have me in 2 minutes and 38 seconds," I tell her, trying to figure out my next move. "I was gonna stop after the first 3 minute game, but you weren't quite finished yet, so I started another."

"Put it down," she whispers, biting my earlobe between her teeth as she pulls away.

The action sends shivers down my spine, and I bat her away.

"I need to focus, babe! I've got $3 riding on this game. Plus, I need to win to break even for the day!" I say, tapping away at my phone.

Jesy snorts. "Does that mean you lost your first game, then?"

"Maybe," I say conspiratorially. "But that doesn't matter! What matters is right now. And right now, I'm winning!"

Jesy laughs again, leaning back on the headboard as she does, pulling me with her. I let her do so, but I stay focused on the task at hand.

I remain focused up until I have 1 minute and 26 seconds left, when I feel Jesy's hands dip below the waistband of my sweatpants.

I jump a little when I feel her, and I can tell she's pleased by the reaction she's getting.

I try to go on ignoring her and focusing on my game, and I succeed for a few more seconds, until she starts gently scratching her nails along my hipbones, making me squirm a bit in her arms.

I don't try to wiggle away though, because as focused as I'm trying to be, I always, always want her hands on me.

She keeps scratching, and I keep playing.

When I've only got a few seconds to go, she grips my hips hard and I drop my phone.

"Jes!" I squeal, trying to seem mad, but seeming needy more than anything. When I pick my phone up, I notice that I've lost. Again. "You made me lose!"

"So the game's over, then?" She asks throatily, sucking a kiss along my neck.

"Mmh hmm," I mumble, my eyes fluttering shut on their own accord.

"Good. Cause I have another game for you to play. You wanna come out on top this time?" She asks, pulling back and giving me an over the top wink.

I throw my phone off the bed in answer, and she laughs.

"Game on."

---

A/N: alright, here's my tiny "sorry for being late" one shot, as promised. It's a drabble, really, it's so short. Still, I enjoyed writing it, so I hope you liked it! 

Please, vote, comment, and follow me, if you feel so inclined! I would appreciate it very VERY much if you did💛

Also, I've called it Flop bc the prompt was literally "Perrie flops onto the bed." So, if you were confused, that's why lol:)

Have a great day, and I'll see you on Tuesday for the next chapter of Sugar, Baby? !

xx

sydd

come say hi on Tumblr @16sydd16