Ready to go, babe?

A small, tattooed arm curls around my exposed abdomen. I can feel that it's a her behind me, even though I don't know who she is.

I lean back into her immediately, eager to back away from the man who keeps getting too close.

"Ready to go, babe?" the woman asks, smiling at me.

I know for a fact that I've never seen her before, cause if I had, I'd never have forgotten her face. She's got to be one of the prettiest people I've ever seen.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I say, smiling at her.

Thank you, I mouth as I meet her eyes.

Creepy guy clears his throat. She gives the tiniest nod before she looks at him. He's still uncomfortably close.

"Oh, looks like you've made a new friend!" She says jovially, though her grip on me gets a little bit tighter as her fingers splay across the skin left exposed by my crop top.

"This is Richard," I say, gesturing to him. "He was just telling me about this drink they make here."

"Well, that's nice of him," she says, staring him down with her gorgeous (green?) eyes, her look made pointed by her perfectly cocked eyebrow.

Richard cowers a bit, giving us a wide berth. This girl's not any bigger than me, but she's certainly more intimidating, what with her tattoos and her piercing (green, I'm pretty... sure? wait—) eyes.

I'm still trying to decipher their color when Rick responds.

"Yeah, we was just- uh, just talking," he says. "Well, it's nice to- nice to meet yous."

"Bye, Dicky," she says with a cheeky little wink, keeping her arm wrapped around me as Richard watches us leave, all the way to the door.

She releases me when we turn the corner, and I can't help but shiver.

"I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable," she says sweetly. I'm still a little intimidated, but it's probably just 'cos she's hot.

"No, not at all," I say, shooting her a smile. "Thanks for rescuin' me."

"Sorry if it's a bit- I know you're a strong woman who doesn't need saving and I hate it when guys try to swoop in and save me but you just looked so over it—"

"Honestly, it's alright," I assure her, grabbing her hand to get her to calm down.

She gifts me with a sheepish smile, and I laugh.

Someone comes out of the bar then, bumping into me, and I fall forward into the arms of my gorgeous mystery girl, who catches me easily.

"Sorry," I say, making no move to leave her embrace.

"S'alright," she says, shooting me a wicked smile that has me proper weak in the knees.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" I ask in a moment of uncharacteristic boldness.

"And go where?" She asks, though the cocky smirk on her face tells me she already knows.

"Back to mine, hopefully," I say, and she laughs. "But I'll go anywhere with you."

"You should be more careful, you know," she says, twirling a bit of my hair between her fingers. "I could be like, a strangler or something."

"I might be into that," I say, and she laughs.

"Yeah?"

"Mhh. Only if you do it with your thighs, though."

She rolls her eyes, but grins just the same.

"Well, should we just see who lives closer, then? I'm not keen to wait much longer, if I'm honest. You're very pretty," she says, locking her arms around my waist.

I bring my hands to her cheeks and pull her in for a kiss, which she reciprocates, and all of a sudden I'm very bothered by the amount of clothes I still have left on even though we're in the middle of the street.

"I live three blocks that way," I say, pointing in the direction of my flat.

"Your place it is, then," she says with a grin. "Should we run?"

I laugh.

"Nah, think I'll need my energy," I wink.

She presses another kiss to my lips before she twines our hands and starts walking in the direction of my place.

"Lead the way, please..." she trails off, and it's at this moment that I realize we don't even know each other's names.

"Perrie," I supply. "And you?"

"Jesy."

"Well that's a very nice name to moan, now isn't it?" I say, giving her my best cheeky grin.

"I'd like to think so," she says, her nose scrunching in the cutest smile. "I'll make sure you don't forget it."

"I'll hold you to that," I say, wondering when I got so bold.

Jesy just winks.

---

💖