❀ . . . prolouge

WHAT WAS LEFT

home was meant to be a safe place, that's what your parents told you

home was meant to be a safe place, that's what your parents told you. now home was a nightmare. there were no more peaceful nights with your parents in the room next door. these nights were replaced with sleepless ones. 4 year old you couldn't cope with the loss of your parents.

"please don't go," you would mutter into the sheets. "come back." tears stained every inch of the fabric from countless nights of crying. you could barely get out of bed for any purpose.

after stumbling around in the woods for weeks, you were found by an old man. hiruzen sarutobi had no idea where you were from. your village was too far and you was too exhausted to even tell him your name. it would be heartless to leave a young child in the woods. you had already suffered through enough.

it's been 19 years since that day. ever since you were taken into the hokage's care, he hadn't let you leave his home.

the hallway with your room was always empty, except when you would wander around or when hiruzen would come see you. the memories of your parents always lingered in your mind as you had nothing else to think about. it was either that, what life could be outside, or maybe how your village never bothered to look for you.

hiruzen would tell you stories about the shinobi of their village when you were younger. the story of kakashi hatake was one of the most interesting. he had advanced so quickly. it made you wonder if you could ever be half as great as him if you were on the outside world. you always felt bad for the story of naruto uzumaki but you never really believed his story.

all these stories did was amplify your desire to travel outside of the mansion. you couldn't even remember what konoha looked like anymore. the pleasant memories of your family were so vague now. you could recall few of the times you spent with your family, but every night was fresh in your head.

no matter what you thought about, it didn't matter. you would stay in this home until you died, you thought. no matter how many times you tried to tell herself that it was better this way, you refused to believe it.

but you would rather die free than live a prisoner in your own home.

the days you found yourself wandering around were your favorite. it was the only freedom you had. going up and down the hallways until your feet were about to give our only to do it again an hour later.

"y/n, dinner," hiruzen called from down the hall. your feet tapped against the wooden floor as you walked towards her caretaker. he held a look of genuine sympathy in his eyes and you took the meal from him. meanwhile your eyes were so full yet empty at the same time. it was so painful to watch you go through such desolation but he couldn't let you go.

the older you grew, the more distant you became. their interactions were once long stories about the village but now shortened to greetings and dinner.

this was your life, and that was final.

a/n: i got storm 4 for christmas and i've only been playing kakashi, itachi, sasuke, and hinata

a/n: i got storm 4 for christmas and i've only been playing kakashi, itachi, sasuke, and hinata. so it's literally the reason i made this. this has been in the drafts for a while btw