❀ . . . three

TAKE ME AWAY

you forced yourself to sleep until noon

you forced yourself to sleep until noon. you couldn't wait to meet kakashi again this evening. you'd have nothing to do until midnight when you would leave so sleeping in would help. hiruzen brought your lunch after seeing you were still sleeping.

he decided not to stay after yesterday's incident. you were completely fine with his decision, not that you needed to calm down anyways. all you wanted to do was see kakashi again. he was the first person you'd spoken to in years.

"y/n, good to see you again."

you smiled and turned to kakashi. it's been about three weeks since you first meetup. kakashi told you he wouldn't be able to come for a few days since he had missions to complete. he did promise to make it up to you which left you wondering what he meant.

"you didn't have to come today. you just got back from your mission so you should be resting," you reminded him.

"i am resting," he replied, "and besides i promised i would make it up to you. i was gone for three days."

your head cocked to the side. you noticed he still hadn't sat down like always, his book was still in his hand as he skimmed over the pages. "so why don't we wander the village together," he shut the book.

"sure." it was what you would've done if he hadn't been there anyways.

you passed the different shops and restaurants. your eyes stopped on the same ramen shop from your first visit. kakashi noticed your interest. he took your hand and led you into the restaurant.

the smaller space felt so welcoming to you. the man and his daughter also looked so kind. they spoke to both of you in such friendly tones.

"just two bowls of ramen for us," kakashi ordered.

"kakashi i didn't bring any money, so it's fine. really!" you tried to tell him. he ignored your protests with a covered smile. the ramen was already prepared anyways. you stared at the bowl waiting for some confirmation or sign that you should eat it.

"it's on me, don't worry."

you nodded and picked of the pair of chopsticks. it looked almost too good to eat. your eyes were fixed on the counter in front of you while bringing the noodles to your mouth.

"this is really good!" you exclaimed. once you heard of ramen, you never expected it to taste that good. you turned to kakashi who finished his bowl before you even took a bite.

he nodded as ayame took his bowl. you took her time eating and talking to the shinobi. "one of my students loves this place, he's always coming here."

"students?" you asked. you stepped outside and began walking around the village again.

"i didn't tell you? i have three students i train."

"you're a sensei? what's that like?"

"they're a bit...difficult but overall they're all great students."

"can you tell me more. i think it's really cool you're training them," you pleaded.

he took a moment to form an answer. he wanted to pick the perfect words to describe the three genin. "one of them is mostly focused on revenge, another is crushing on her teammate but she's a hard worker, and then the last one...he's a handful."

you sat next to him on your bench and talked for another few hours until you had to go. "maybe you should get out more," he suggested. you pulled your haori closer to your waist. "maybe i will, kakashi."

a/n: so many flashbacks to that one filler in part one

a/n: so many flashbacks to that one filler in part one. literally my favorite out of the show