❀ . . . four

ENTRUST YOU WITH MY WORLD

"you asked to see me lord hokage," kakashi said as he walked into his office

"you asked to see me lord hokage," kakashi said as he walked into his office. papers and thick books of missions were scattered all over his desk. he flipped through multiple different books at a time until kakashi stood directly in front of him. he placed the book aside and folded his hands.

"kakashi, i have a mission for you." his words made the jonin cock his head. "it'll be a sort of permanent thing. it seems like this job might better suited for someone working directly under me but i think you're going to be the better choice."

"what is it, lord hokage?"

"over the years i've had an adopted daughter living with me. she's never left outside the home since she came here. she's 23, turning 24, and all she wants is to be able to roam the village freely. i fear harm may come her way, so your mission is to escort her around whenever you're in the village. during your missions, she is to return back home."

"of course. may i ask when i'll begin escorting her?"

"i think...today will be best...this means the amount of missions you're assigned will decrease. you just have to accompany her wherever she goes, if she wants to leave the village come to me. you'll still be training team 7. you're free to decline at any time," the hokage added. kakashi hesitated for a moment.

it was an unusual assignment. it was a mission that he wouldn't even have to use his abilities. it would be just like babysitting an adult. here would be no fighting so definitely the not the best use for a jonin as skilled as him.

he nodded. "i'll accept this assignment. but i must ask..." he paused. hiruzen sat back in seat, worried about the next question kakashi might have. "are you planning on telling the villagers? she's been here for over 20 years."

hiruzen's body tensed up, he was biting the inside of his cheek, lips pressed into a thin line. "i'll make an announcement before you meet her. i'll show you to her room if you'll follow me," he coughed.

a/n: another short chapter 😩