❀ . . . two

MY DESIRES FIRST

you were still in shock after what happened on your first night out

you were still in shock after what happened on your first night out. it was a huge coincidence to have met your hero. you changed out of your pajamas into your new outfit. the small taste of freedom was gone and you were back to roaming your hallway. it was only a few hours of exploring the village but it was the time of your life.

breakfast was soon delivered by none other than the third hokage. after eating you stared at the window above your bed, the same one you had climbed through last night. a smile spread across your face as you remembered the ninja you spoke to yesterday.

"well then, hopefully we'll see each other around."

he could've just said that to be polite. maybe you would try going to that spot again to see if he would be there again.

there was a knock on the door. "come in." the homage on the other side opened the door. he sat on the chair at her desk next to where your sat on the bed. he wore a tiny smile on his face after seeing her smiling at the window.

"you've finished eating, i'll take that out but i have to ask why you're smiling all of a sudden?" he said.

"hirzuen, you never told me why i'm not allowed outside. you said you'd tell me when i'm older, i'm 23, almost 24."

the older man visibly tensed up and his smile dropped. "the world is dangerous—extremely dangerous in fact. i want to protect you," he replied coldly. you both felt the room shifting into an uncomfortable setting. it felt like the surrounding air was thickening as you proceeded into the conversation.

"but what about the shinobi of the village?" you wanted to stop you protests before you said something you'd regret or start an argument. "you said they protect us."

hiruzen shook his head, then nodded. "i did, but it's too risky. you're like my daughter, i've been with you since you were 4 so having people know our relationship would put you at risk."

"but i've been here for as long as i could remember. i'm extremely grateful to you for taking me into your home but i'm an adult now, i think i've earned your trust by now." you snapped your head towards him.

your distressed tone made him flinch. he sighed, "please understand that i trust you so much y/n, it's the others i fear for you."

with your mouth agape you threw a hand on your forehead. you didn't want to seem disrespectful or ungrateful even though you knew you did but you've been in this home for all your life. you had a sliver of freedom and couldn't go back now. not to mention running into kakashi on her first night out.

"i don't want you getting hurt and neither would your parents."

the mention of your parents stopped all thoughts. the flashbacks of you crying and the last time you'd seen them reappeared. they had just vanished from her life in an instant never to be seen again. it was no wonder hiruzen was so protective if you could even use that word to describe his decisions.

you leaned against the headboard. "i know but it's just- i understand," you muttered. there was a loud silence in the room after you spoke. both parties obviously regretted the entire conversation.

"i apologize y/n, but... please understand," he spoke. he took the dishes and left the room.

you didn't move from your position. there was an unpleasant feeling in the pit of your stomach—guilt— as you planned your next escape tonight.

there you were again, sitting at the same bench as last time. at midnight you had snuck out of your bedroom window to see if kakashi would meet you again. it was for sure a long shot. maybe he was just saying that to say it or he meant during the day time around the village.

either way you would keep exploring the village whenever she could.

you stared at the sky again taking note of the brighter stars. the moon shone down as the main source of lighting. it cast off a soft pale blue light on whatever surface it touched. it was a chilly night so you warmed herself up with her haori again.

"y/n, it's nice to see you again."

your body shot up at the now familiar voice. kakashi hatake sat on the seat next to you with his arm propped up holding his face. you turned to him.

"kakashi, what are you doing here?"

"i just wanted to see if you were coming back here," he said, placing his book in his back pocket. the corner of his eye pinched with his hidden smile.

you nodded. "oh, and why's that?" you giggled with a hint of teasing in her tone. he seemed to notice the small shift alter in tone which he jokingly reciprocated. "how could i not want to see you again? but maybe you wanted to see me again."

he scooted closer to you, laughing a "how've you been?"

this interaction went deeper into the night, until both of you had to leave.

"will you be here again tomorrow?" kakashi finally let the question slip out as he pulled his book from his pocket. you stopped mid-laugh feeling surprised at his question.

"tomorrow," she answered, "sure."

a/n: yes it gets interesting soon 😭