❀ . . . thirty one

THE JOURNEY THE RIVER CARRIED

thank god kakashi got out of his habit of being late years ago

thank god kakashi got out of his habit of being late years ago. now he's so busy but always makes time to leave the office and be with you. which is why you didn't mind his lateness today. besides, a tardy kakashi always came with gifts.

you held up the young girl who'd been dropped off an hour ago. you loved himawari as much as she loved you and kakashi. her parents were grateful to call you her aunt.

himawari begged for you to put her hair into two pretty braids. you obliged, anything to treat the young girl. even though most parents appreciated your eagerness to babysit, you were constantly spoiling them.

himawari was in awe of the braids decorated with two bows. when the door opened, she ran over to show kakashi. he'd been caught up listening to multiple mission reports at work which delayed his return home.

so he sent naruto to buy flowers from ino for you. he also asked sasuke to pick up a dessert order. then, he had one foot out the door before the last report was finished.

no matter how long it's been he still can't wait to see you. he was ready to ask them to come back tomorrow.

he picked up himawari and carried her on his side while you took your presents. you also kissed his cheek. before you could walk away, there was a knock on your door. you answered it.

sasuke, sakura, and naruto stood in front of you. behind them were your friends. confused, you looked at kakashi who stared back.

then it hit you. it was your anniversary.

they'd all gathered to celebrate with you knowing you'd forget. you could almost cry from how fortunate you were. they gestured you outside.

the streets were decorated and villagers spread around. naruto took himawari to let you hug your husband.

it all made sense now. the immense amount of mission reports to keep him late. hinata dropping off himawari to keep you busy. with all the distractions neither of you would notice the decorations being hung and excessive amount of food being prepared.

they went through all this work. not just your friends, but the entire village. the one you were hidden from yet embraced you wholeheartedly. the same village that you thought you should fear.

the same village that gave you kakashi.

a/n: thank you for reading ilyasmm !! sorry for not updating for like a year or two

a/n: thank you for reading ilyasmm !! sorry for not updating for like a year or two. thank you for coming on this journey and supporting me ily