❀ . . . twenty eight

THE SUN AND MOON STILL RISE

the bell on the door to the flower shop jingled

the bell on the door to the flower shop jingled. ino popped up from behind the counter. her eyes scanned the store for the customer. she rested her chin on her hand and leaned on the counter.

"kakashi-sensei, can i guess who those flowers are for," she smirked.

"it's a little evident," he replied fishing through his pocket for cash. he placed the payment on the counter in front of her. her blue eyes flashed between the cash and kakashi's face. she pushed herself off the wood and leaned back.

"shikamaru likes to think he was the first to realized you liked y/n but we all know it was me. now i can be the first to confirm you two are dating."

"well congratulations but we're still not official. i'd like to do something special for that."

"that's so cute! who else knows?"

"only guy, lady tsunade, and shizune. i'm sure y/n will tell naruto and sakura soon," he answered.

"i'll tell you, sakura told me y/n loves dango. you should get her some too, since you're spoiling her." ino's ponytail swung with her shrug.

kakashi nodded and picked up the bouquet. "i'll remember that."

he didn't have to debate whether or not to purchase the treat. he popped into the shop and ordered her three sticks. he carried them in a white paper bag.

now you would be heading home soon from work. he switched his route towards your home.

he got there before you. he hoped you'd be happy to see him with your flowers and dessert.

he saw you walking with your eyes glued to the clouds. eventually you looked down and saw him waiting at your door. it shocked you awake. you hurried over to him.

only until you were in front of him you realized what he held. he lifted them up.

"thank you! let's go inside," you opened the door for him. you took the flowers and placed them in the vase. then you opened the little bag. "these are so good!"

you didn't hesitate before eating one. you almost downed the second one before offering it to him. he reminded you they were for you but you insisted. with enough effort you convinced him to take it.

a/n: i meant to update this as soon as i got 3k reads to thank you but i got distracted so thank you for 4k reads too 🥲

(7k now)