❀ . . . twelve

TRUST A YOUNG ONE

"lady tsunade, i have these reports from team asuma," you rang

"lady tsunade, i have these reports from team asuma," you rang. you placed a stack on the desk in the hokage's office. now that kakashi doesn't have his mission, he's free to do what he wants. he gets frequent missions once again. now, the fifth hokage has hired you as an assistant like shizune.

"thank you y/n. can you pick up the visitors sheet at the gate for me?" tsunade requested.

"of course."

you followed the hokage's request. you poked her head in front of the window. the men working there already knew what you were looking for. they handed you the file. you held it against your chest as you walked back to hokage's office.

"hey y/n! i haven't seen you in a while!"

you turned around. naruto and his master jiraiya were leaving ichiraku together. naruto bolted towards you. you patted his head.

"how's your training going naruto?"

"i'm getting better at using the rasengan! i can make it faster now!"

you nodded, "good job naruto. i take it that master jiraiya has been training you well."

"yeah. so have you a kakashi-sensei started dating yet?"

"huh? naruto, you know the real reason we were together right?"

"sakura mentioned something about it. it was like a mission. she said it was a perfect set up for a love story," he frowned. "but now granny tsunade is hokage and he still hangs out with you!"

"yes but that doesn't mean anything."

"it means he has a crush on you. he's always paying for your meals and he never pays for us. then, one day, you weren't here but we had training, kakashi just sat there and daydreamed about you."

"wait, how would you know what he was thinking about?"

"because we could tell he was smiling and he didn't have his book out. he wasn't paying attention to us at all until we asked when we'd see you, then he got all happy," he answered.

"naruto that proved nothing," you sighed.

"but it did! well do you at least like kakashi-sensei?"

your own thoughts about kakashi paused to debate in your mind. you've never told yourself you had feelings for him.

"i never really thought about that," you half lied.

naruto's shoulder dropped in defeat. he sulked back towards his master. you resumed returning to the hokage's office with the sheet.

a/n: ok so i guess the only way i can write is on light mode while listening to twice

i won't kill anyone off if their deaths are during the show's timeline