❀ . . . twenty four

WOULD GIVE THE WORLD FOR THIS

you couldn't contain your laugh at the memory of kakashi losing the bells over a spoiler naruto didn't even know

"it's that funny?" he rolled his eyes again.

"yes it's that's funny," naruto answered for you. "anyways sensei, you're treating us to ramen right?"

you jumped into the conversation, "i don't mind paying this time." you held up your black and white wallet.

kakashi was close to objecting per usual but his shoulder was tapped. you three continued walking even though kakashi had stopped. you noticed his absence quickly and glanced around.

jiraiya waved to you and continued talking to kakashi. "she's gorgeous isn't she? and every time i brought her up naruto would remind about you two. i hope you ask her out before you lose her. i'd be happy to give you tips."

"i appreciate it." he looked back at you walking away. "do you have any more information on the akatsuki?" he asked still eyeing you.

"that's exactly why i'm here."

you, naruto, and sakura sat together in ichiraku. you sat between sakura and naruto watching him slurp his noodles. you had finished half her bowl so far.

"i had a hunch you might be here."

a tan male with a scar sat on the stool next to naruto. he made eye contact with you. "hi! i'm iruka, i teach at the academy." he said.

naruto leaned back from his bowl, his mouth not completely empty. "this is kakashi-sensei's girlfriend."

"i didn't know kakashi had a girlfriend, especially not lord third's daughter."

"i'm not kakashi's girlfriend," you whispered to naruto. "hi i'm y/n, nice to meet you. kakashi and i aren't dating."

"so you became a shinobi?"

"yeah, i was just promoted to jonin a few months ago. kakashi and lady tsunade helped me with everything."

"well congratulations on that. i'll leave you three now, but i'll cover your bill."

"no you don't have to, it's fine, iruka."

"don't worry about it y/n. hope to see you around," he placed money on the table.

kakashi met your trio outside of the restaurant. he apologized for missing out on dinner with you. "y/n, i'll walk you home. i have to talk to you about something."

sakura and naruto eyed each other.

"finally!" sakura squealed to naruto as they both watched them walk away.

a/n: i might take another break after these two chapters but i'm literally lying