❀ . . . ten

WELCOME TO OUR LIVES

"kakashi, i'm meeting hiruzen's family today! i'll meet his grandson and his son!" you shook the shinobi

"yes, come on, let's go."

"when do you think naruto and jiriaya will come back from looking for the fifth hokage? i hope it's soon," she speculated.

"i hope so too. look there's asuma and konohamaru." they stood outside of your favorite tea shop. asuma gestured you over with a cup of tea is in his hand. he extended his hand to shake yours.

"i'm asuma, nice to meet you y/n."

"hi," you replied shaking his hand. "and you're konohamaru right? i've seen you with naruto before." you squatted down to his level. the boy nodded.

asuma handed you the cup of tea in his hands, "kakashi said you like this one." you took a small sip before thanking him. konohamaru had a drink in his hands too.

konohamaru walked between you and asuma. "you're a jonin like kakashi, right?" you asked him.

"yeah, i am," asuma replied.

"oh and do you have students too?"

"yeah actually, ino, choji, and shikamaru. i would be happy to introduce you to them next time we go out to eat together if kakashi wouldn't mind," he offered. they checked to see what kakashi was doing. his nose was buried in his book, something you hadn't seen him do in a while. he noticed the attention.

"i wouldn't mind at all," he said before going back to his book.

it would be nice to meet other students—not that you didn't love naruto, sakura, and sasuke. them, kakashi, and guy were the only people you knew in the village personally. everyone else only knew you as the third's daughter.

"konohamaru, you're in the academy right?"

"yeah i am!"

"and do you wanna be hokage too?"

"yeah!" he grinned. you gave him a sweet nod with an airy laugh.

you and kakashi were met with the third hokage standing outside of the door to her room.

"good evening, lord third," kakashi greeted him.

"kakashi, y/n, i wanted to let you two be the first to know...i will be retiring soon..."

your lips parted slightly, kakashi remained netural.

"in a few months, there's already a candidate for the fifth hokage, if she'll accept. afterward y/n," he turned to your worried expression, "you'll be able to roam the village freely. kakashi will no longer have to escort you as a mission after my retirement on my orders."

a/n: i didn't wanna kill anyone off but i'm gonna follow the plot line a little after this but there's no character deaths dw