❀ . . . sixteen

retrieval arc spoilers

A FATE CRUEL AND UNWORTHY

kakashi knocked on the third hokage's door a few weeks later

kakashi knocked on the third hokage's door a few weeks later. it was answered by none other than his daughter.

"hi kakashi," you greeted him normally.

he only sighed. "naruto and sasuke got into a fight in front of sakura earlier."

your eyebrows raised. you quickly stepped outside and shut the door behind you. kakashi looked so stressed. she's never seen him like this.

"are they okay now?"

"hopefully. would you be willing to check on sakura?"

"are you sure you want me to go? you're her sensei."

"yes," he nodded and sent you on your way.

sakura opened the door. she was still shaken up from the event but wasn't disappointed to see you. the first thing she thought to do was hug her. her arms wrapped around your waist and her face hid in your stomach.

"sakura..." your soft voice comforted the girl as you held her head. you didn't fully understand the situation but you understood her sadness. you didn't mind holding her until she felt better. you allowed the girl to sob into her shirt.

sakura pulled back with red eyes and cheeks. her eyelashes were soaked. "miss y/n, i'm tired of them fighting. i don't want either of them getting hurt," she confessed.

"i know, sakura, you care so much about. i'm so sorry, it's scary losing someone so you wanna do everything you can to stop that."

sakura held your right hand with both of hers. she looked at it while sobbing. you pulled her in for another hug. "you should rest, your head probably hurts from crying so much. i'll take you out to eat later," you promised. sakura only nodded and sniffled.

she even allowed you to walk her to her room. you smiled before shutting the door to her room with a quiet click of the lock.

you went home after that. "i can't imagine how worried kakashi is right now," you whispered as you sat on you bed. your chin rested on the windowsill. your eyes followed the clouds drifting across the sky before closing.

another day of work for you. you would wake up and head over to the anbu black ops office. your day would start off with bringing the latest mission reports then the visitors sheet from the front gate at noon.

while walking something felt off to you. the strange feeling had woken her up throughout the night.

"good morning," you half yawned. a woman handed you a folder. of course you didn't know the contents inside. it was for the hokage only.

you passed the familiar faces, naruto, lee, neji, shikamaru, and choji. they looked serious so you chose to not bother them.

you used her index knuckle to knock on the door of the hokage's office. "lady tsunade, is everything alright?" you noticed the stressed expression she had.

tsunade shook her head resting behind her hands. her eyebrows were furrowed.

"last night sasuke encountered hidden sound ninja and left the village. we have reason to believe he's with orochimaru. i sent shikamaru to form a team and retrieve him."

the file slipped out of your palm. both of your hands flew to your mouth. your head began to ache. it pulsed in each corner. from everything tsunade had just said, you knew orochimaru was a horrible person and sasuke was in danger if he was with him. your heart began racing and your mouth went dry.

"sasuke...is with orochimaru?" you muttered. "where's kakashi?"

"on his way over here. i'm going to send him after them as well." you bit the painted nail of her thumb.

you didn't know if you could relax even the slightest yet. after losing her parents, you didn't know what you would do if you lost any of the new people in your life. sasuke was important to you even with his attitude. you stumbled over to the windowsill to sit. you head fell onto you cupped hands.

there was a knock on the door then it opened. kakashi stood with his hands in his pockets. his eyes landed on you in the corner. he immediately reached towards you.

"y/n- lady hokage," he cut himself off and composed himself.

tsunade explained the situation again. kakashi sighed and glanced at you, tsunade looked over as well.

"y/n, you can go home for the day and rest. i'll be fine on my own for the day. kakashi head out as soon as you can," she ordered.

you slowly rose to your feet. that's when the other two realized you were crying. kakashi kept his calm exterior but felt sympathy for her. he followed you out the office. you were in the hallway together. he stared at the tears on your cheeks.

you almost turned away from him. your arms pressed to your sides as kakashi wrapped his arms around them. his chin sat on your head. he wouldn't be able to stay for long but he wished he could.

"kakashi, please be careful and make sure they're all safe," you whimpered.

he pushed you back by the shoulders. "of course i will, i'll walk you home."

a/n: no more sasuke 😄

i literally don't remember the plot from the first series so my bad if i mess up the order