❀ . . . thirty

NEVER HAVE THE STARS WANTED

it's been a few months since you've been official with kakashi

it's been a few months since you've been official with kakashi. nothing has truly changed on the outside. you're still always together whether it's training, eating, or just walking around.

you spend more time at his home than your own. the transition from friends to lovers was more then smooth. it's never awkward. everything felt natural and like a relief. holding hands, naps together, long hugs, it all was desired for years.

you finally had it.

kakashi loved waking up with you laying on his chest. it was just a quick nap on his couch before meeting up with naruto, jiraiya, and sakura.

soon after he woke up and picked up his book, your eyes fluttered open. you smiled at him and kissed under his eye. he placed his book down to free up his hand to run over your back.

"ready to go out?" he asked you.

you nodded and stood up.

naruto waved you over to their spot in the restaurant. you and kakashi sat in the two open seats at your table. sakura joined and sat next to naruto.

"so y/n, is kakashi handsome?" inquired naruto. sakura also perked up.

"everyone sees how handsome he is," you replied. you wondered why he asked such an odd question. you summed it up to his unusual personality.

but he shook his head. "no. like under the mask."

"oh. well i like the think so."

you've known him for three years and never seen his face. you didn't feel entitled to. it never occurred to you that you should ask. as friends you never expected him to reveal the rest of his face.

after dinner you went back to kakashi's home. he hung your coat up for you at the door. you headed over to the couch.

"hm," he hummed. you looked up at him. "spend the night?" was all he said.

you've never spent the night. you've only napped on his couch together.

"yeah."

he picked you up and carried you to his bedroom. he sat you on the bed while he picked out clothes for you to wear. for the first time in months you felt nervous around him. you fidgeted with your hands placed on your thighs.

kakashi bent down and handed you clothes. you just stared at them. he left the room for you to change into them.

you opened the door for him to come back inside. he had also changed while he was outside the room. as you were looking up at him you realized the presence of his mask. his headband was also taken off but his eye was closed.

there's no way he sleeps in that regularly.

"are you sure you're ok with this? i can sleep on the couch so you don't have to keep your mask on."

kakashi only smiled and led you to his bed. you laid underneath the blanket together. you didn't know where to face. you were tense as you laid on your back.

he reached over and pulled your body to against him. your eyes barely opened when you felt his lips press against yours. you stomach felt airy. his lips were warm and soft against yours. the feeling was so foreign. you never expected it to feel like this.

he placed his hands on your shoulder and waist and moved you to face him. you were met with the rest of his face. you couldn't speak as you analyzed it. it was only natural. you eyes slowly moved over every feature. the puzzle was complete now.

"i didn't plan on it," he finally responded.

you'd imagined what he could possibly look like underneath. nothing compared to how handsome he was.

and his smile. his plump lips curved up with a mole in the corner as an accent. you couldn't speak. your hand came up to touch his cheek which he leaned into.

you pulled you closer against him. his chin rested on your head as he whispered goodnight to you.

 his chin rested on your head as he whispered goodnight to you

a/n: one more chapter!