❀ . . . nine

A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE EXPERIENCE

you laid in bed, awaiting your escort to return from his recent mission

you laid in bed, awaiting your escort to return from his recent mission. he left the day before so it would be at least a few days before he returned. naruto and jiraiya were still out on there mission. you weren't able to leave the room again so you stayed inside. you had picked up on drawing but dropped it as soon as you could leave the mansion.

you opened the door to a knock. you were faced by two familiar green jumpsuits. were you seeing double?

"guy and who's this? wait- what are you doing here?"

"my name is rock lee! a student of guy sensei!" the boy shouted.

"wow! he's like a mini-you! he's adorable!" you gave lee a quick headpat. an intense blush spread across lee's face from your compliment. he tried his best to continue acting casual like his sensei. guy placed his hands on his hips to make his announcement.

"since kakashi is on a mission i'll be escorting you around until then. you can meet my team, right now i've got lee and we're on our way to pick them up right now."

you almost jumped up from excitement. you were already dressed so you hopped into the hallway with them.

your first stop was to the hyuga clan's home. guy's long haired student sat drinking tea with his uncle. while admiring the structure of their training grounds, you noticed a girl with short hair peeking from the corner. you made accidental eye contact. you smiled and waved at her.

"hinata, come here," her father called. she squeaked and dragged her feet over to them. the three stood before you. "you're the hokage's daughter. kakashi isn't here i suppose. my name is hiashi hyuga, this is my daughter hinata hyuga and my nephew neji hyuga." they bowed to her.

"oh, hello. my name is y/n l/n. it's nice to meet you all," you replied feeling awkward. you made sure to give hinata another friendly smile.

hiashi sent his nephew off with them. he joined the group a little skeptical of your presence even if you were hiruzen's daughter.

the last stop was tenten's home. she ran outside as soon as she saw you all. "this is tenten, meet y/n! she'll be with us until kakashi returns from his mission."

tenten waved to you and they headed towards their training grounds.

guy watched proudly as his team practice each of their techniques together. you also observed them, they were different than team seven. "y/n."

you looked up from your spot on the grass. guy leaned on the tree next behind her.

"are you and kakashi more than friends, it seems like that's what everyone wants to know."

"no, actually," you came off sounding more disappointed than you wanted to. "it's fine though!"

"still friends...still friends..." he noted.

you were by kakashi's side as soon as you heard he was back. guy and his team walked you towards the gate. he looked completely fine, not even his voice gave off a hint of fatigue.

"hey y/n, what are you doing with guy?" he questioned. guy's team lingered behind him to see what the adults were doing.

"when you were gone, i spent my time outside the village with him. i met lee, neji, tenten and hinata."

guy wore a smug look behind you.

"well it's nice to hear you had fun, i tried not to take too long for you but i guess i worried for nothing."

his unconcerned answer bothered guy. after all his work, kakashi still wasn't showing any more symptoms of jealousy. all the times he dragged you away from guy when he was about to ask you out were played off as them being busy. it wasn't in guy's blood to stop his plan now.

"it gets really boring when you're gone on missions," you told kakashi as they left team nine. kakashi hummed.

"but you were having fun with guy weren't you?" he peeked at you from his book.

you bit the inside of her cheek with a "yes" spitting out. "but," you sang, "i don't like when you leave."

a/n: might guy best wingman i said what i said