❀ . . . eleven

PART TWO
GENUINE QUALITY TIME

"kakashi, is this where you live?" you asked as you stood in a apartment hallway

"kakashi, is this where you live?" you asked as you stood in a apartment hallway. kakashi unlocked the door in front of you but didn't open it. his hand rested of the handle.

"yeah. i just have to help out some friends of mine if that's not a problem. i think you'd like them." he opened the door to his room. inside were his eight ninja hounds sitting on the floor with pakkun laying on bull's head.

"you have dogs!"

"sort of," he chuckled. "i have to give them a wash and thought you might like to come. you don't have to help or anythi-"

"wow they all have headbands, that's so cute. what's your name?" you was crouched in front of pakkun.

"pakkun," the dog replied.

"kakashi! your dog talked!" you exclaimed consumed in awe. "can i pet you?"

"eh go ahead." you reached your hand out to him. he yawned as you patted the top of his head. kakashi smiled underneath his mask.

"can i help you wash them kakashi?" you gave the much larger dog below him a pat.

"you don't have to if you don't really want to," he tried reminding you.

your head snapped towards kakashi. "so i can help?"

"sure y/n," he sighed.

kakashi showed you the bathroom. it was slightly above average size. pakkun hopped off of bull's head. his paws padded against the hard flooring towards kakashi who took off his vest and headband. he leaped into the shallow water in bathtub. kakashi turned around and picked up a bottle of shampoo. he handed it to you.

"hey kakashi, isn't this floral green shampoo? i used to use this," you asked crouching down by the edge of the bath. kakashi let out a chuckle.

"would you want to use the same shampoo as a dog?" pakkun scoffed. you only blinked as a response. he waited for you to apply the shampoo onto his fur. you shrugged and squeezed out the a little less than the amount of shampoo you used. you showed him your hand. "that's just enough."

the minty scent flooded your nose. you sighed as you lathered pakkun's brown fur. he leaned into every touch. kakashi was taking off some of the other hound's vests for their baths. he snuck glances at you to see you smiling. he subconsciously smiled as well.

you helped pakkun dry off before another dog would replace his spot. he left the bathroom. once all their vests were laid on the counter, kakashi kneeled next to you. his sleeves were rolled up as he stuck his hands into the bathtub to help wash bull.

they looked in the mirror together after they finished washing akino. you laughed, kakashi too, when he realized.

"your clothes are all wet kakashi," you snickered.

"but yours are too," he said reaching for a towel hanging on his wall. you wrung out as much water as she could from you shirt. the white material stuck to your skin. you accepted the towel from him and rushed to dry the outside of your shirt. kakashi did the same.

"i'll go get your haori from the couch," he offered, realizing her situation. you thanked him.

you heard soft footsteps unlike kakashi's. the crack in the door was pushed open from the bottom. her eyes watched carefully.

"pakkun? did you need something?" you squatted down. pakkun stuck a single paw out. you cocked you head not understanding him. you lifted your palm as well.

"my paws are still pink so they're still soft." he placed his paw in your hand. you were immediately surprised by the accuracy his statement. you rubbed your thumb over his fur. you looked up at him smiling.

"you're right, your paw is really soft."

eventually, you allowed him to leave the bathroom and kakashi returned holding your haori. he hung the towel you used back on the hook to dry. your shirt was mostly dry when you put the haori on.

"today has a breeze so let's head outside," he suggested.

you found yourselves by a familiar forest after leaving his apartment. you were first to say something about the bench, not first to notice. you dropped herself on the seat you usually sat on. your friend took his usual seat on the opposite side.

"to think so much happened here," he thought aloud.

"yeah. i couldn't believe i met you after all the stories. oh-wait, i've been meaning to ask you kakashi. do you really have a sharingan?"

"well, of course, they wouldn't lie about what they call me."

"wow that's really cool!" you gasped. your childish reaction amused him. you leaned towards him. "so you're just this copy ninja who's copied over a thousand jutsu just like hiruzen told me."

"that's what you knew me as?"

"well yeah," you leaned back, "back when i was stuck in the mansion. your stories were my favorites but i thought you were dead or like super old."

your additional statement had kakashi unsure whether to be flattered or offended. the true meaning confused him. knowing you in front of him he happily went with the former.

he noticed your expression had changed. you pushed yourself forward to completely face him. "kakashi, now that hiruzen is retiring, you won't have to be around me anymore," you muttered.

"well, you're right about that," he didn't want to admit that. no matter how much time they spent together, it never changed the fact that he was assigned to do it. that never bothered either of you until it ended.

"it's weird, i forgot it was all a mission you got."

"i forgot it was a mission too, i thought i was just around a friend the entire time," he chuckled.

"me too!" you exclaimed but soon frowned again. "but now it's over."

"now that i think about it, i just won't have to be here on orders."

"wait so you're saying that-" you couldn't find the words for her sentence but kakashi nodded. you lunged across the bench. your arms looped around his neck and your head hung over his shoulder. he moved his arms around your upper back.

"so we're actually friends kakashi?"

"we're actually friends," he repeated.

a/n: i got a dm a few weeks ago telling me i'm underrated 😩 i was so happy and i got a comment saying they can't wait for me to update like ty 💗 i'm happy you like my writing 🥲

also i don't have a dog so i have no clue how to clean one