❀ . . . fifteen

A JUVENILE ATTEMPT

the young uchiha knocked on the door to your new home

the young uchiha knocked on the door to your new home. he grumbled something to himself about this being a stupid idea. he shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned backwards.

"sasuke?"

"anyways y/n, do you wanna get lunch with me? i'll pay." he turned his head away from you.

"yeah, let me grab my shoes," you agreed. you shut the door momentarily to slip on your boots. you left your haori in the closet due to the weather.

sasuke refused to look at you as they walked. you hoped to make any sort of conversation with him.

"sasuke, what made you invite me out to lunch?"

he rolled his eyes thinking about the plan. he finally looked up at you. "because i'm hungry. we'll just get ramen since i know you like that," he scoffed. you didn't know why you found his attitude so entertaining.

meanwhile, two students dragged their teacher away from his apartment.

"we're buying you lunch sensei, come on," sakura told him.

kakashi was hesitant to get lunch with them. there was always a catch to something like this. it looked like a perfect setup for one of their pranks. they were both way too excited to get lunch with them.

"what are you two up to?"

"nothing, can't we treat our sensei to something nice?" naruto answered.

they waited a little bit to ask their question. kakashi would catch on if they started too early. they were halfway to ichiraku where sasuke and you should be.

"kakashi-sensei, what do you think of y/n?" sakura asked. naruto looked at kakashi next to him.

"she's a nice girl of course. she's very curious as well, kinda like you guys," he tried not to go on about you. he was already becoming suspicious.

"would you ever date her?"

"date y/n? i've never thought about that fully."

"well think about it now," naruto interrupted. "and you can be honest with us, we're your students."

"fine," he sighed, "if i'm being honest then i really don't know. i know she's a great girl but i don't know if she'd be interested." it took him a moment to realize what he admitted. he hoped they wouldn't understand but he knew they would, at least sakura.

"i think you should confess to her," his female student suggested. "i'm positive she likes you too."

"y/n and i are just friends."

"and you're just gonna accept that!" they both complained.

"she's a nice girl so i enjoy being her friend."

"no sensei!" sakura cried. "just tell her that you like her."

they arrived at ichiraku when sasuke and you were walking up. only the students noticed each other. they nodded to each other. sasuke and you went in first. sakura and naruto would stall for a few minutes while they ordered then go in.

you ordered her favorite ramen and so did sasuke. a few minutes after you ordered, the other members of team seven entered. sakura made sure kakashi would sit next to you. you two received their orders.

that's when kakashi noticed the other two sitting next to him and he realized their true intentions.

"y/n, what a pleasant surprise seeing you here." he rested his chin on the palm of gloved hand. his revealed eye closed.

"kakashi, i haven't seen you in a few days."

"just got some missions. are you out with sasuke?" he looked past you to the boy glaring at nothing.

"yeah actually, he invited me to get lunch with him. did sakura and naruto bring you too?" you waved to both of them.

sasuke glanced over to sakura. she sat with a smirk watching them interact.

she waited for the three of them to finish their ramen before pushing herself up. "i forgot! we have to run but miss y/n you should definitely tell kakashi-sensei about our day at the spa. we talked about a lot of interesting things."

the trio left the restaurant after paying for the adults like they promised. you and kakashi only stared at each other with confused faces. your dishes were taken to be washed so you left as well. you went the opposite direction from sakura, sasuke, and naruto.

walking side by side, you remembered what you accidentally told sakura and cringed.

"do you what they're talking about?" kakashi asked.

"definitely not," you lied.

a/n: sorry no confessing for you