❀ . . . five

SHOW ME LIFE

the knock on the door woke you up from her deep slumber

the knock on the door woke you up from her deep slumber. it was early in the morning when kakashi was assigned his new mission. hiruzen directed him towards the empty part of the mansion and her room. kakashi followed his instructions and waited outside for any form of permission to enter the room. there was no response, so he knocked again.

"why are you knocking again? just come in."

he slowly opened the door, his white hair poking out from behind the wood. you sat up at the unfamiliar figure in you room. you narrowed your eyes as the door continued to open.

your secret friend stood nervously in front of the door frame. it wasn't until you called out his name he realized who you were. "kakashi?"you gasped. "what are you doing here? how did you get here? is that even you?"

"i could ask you the same thing y/n. are you...lord hokage's daughter?" his eyes widened. "but you haven't left the mansion in years, and i've met you before." you bit your tongue and rested the back of your head on your hands. the white-haired man in front of you was still slightly in disbelief of your identity. he almost stepped further into the room but stopped himself.

you turned towards the window you always climbed out of, then back to kakashi. "i'll tell you once you tell me what you're doing in my room."

"understandable...i'm here for my assignment..." your ears perked up. he continued, "i'm here to escort the hokage's daughter and i was told this is her room. so i'm assuming that his daughter...is you."

his words came off as more of a question than a statement like he was checking for some conformation or clarification from you.

"escort me? what do you mean?"

"i take you around the village, well more like you tell me where you want to go and i'll go with you."

now, your eyes widened. "i get to leave during the day!" you exclaimed. your body shot to your feet. "can we go somewhere now! i wanna see the village please!"

kakashi rubbed the back of his neck with a chuckle. "i have training with my students. i suppose i can let you watch. it'll only be a few hours and then we can go wherever you'd lik-" you snatched your haori off a chair and jumped to his side before he could even finish his sentence. you went running down the hall towards the mansion's exit.

the doors were thrown open as you soaked in the sunlight. kakashi followed closely behind you. he stood next to you waiting for your next move.

"where do you train your students? can we go now, kakashi," you pleaded.

"follow me."

you skipped through the village behind kakashi. his book was held lightly in his hands as you made your way to the training ground. you were like a child, it reminded him of his students. you were curious about everything they passed. the village looked completely different during the day. the streets, shops, and restaurants were swarming with people.

three children stood in the empty green field. their sensei was late as usual, but there was a surprise behind him. you were still interested in the outdoors even past the buildings. your eyes eventually drifted towards the irritated genin.

"are these your students kakashi! the one you told me about!"

the only other girl in the group was the first to notice you. "is this your girlfriend, kakashi-sensei?"

the two boys looked up. you were poking her head out from behind kakashi.

"didn't think someone like kakashi-sensei could get a girlfriend!"

"you idiots. who cares if that's his girlfriend?"

"y/n, meet my students," he sighed. "sakura haruno, sasuke uchiha, and naruto uzumaki."

you gave them a small wave. sakura cocked her head and raised her eyebrows. "so do you and kakashi-sensei like each other?" she repeated.

kakashi chuckled nervously and shut his book with one hand. "no, this is my newest mission."

he stepped to the side so they could see you fully. "you three, meet y/n. i've been assigned as her escort, she'll be with me a lot more."

they took their time inspecting you, the way you stood, presented herself, even the way you waved at them. their teacher clasped his hands as a signal for their training to begin.

 their teacher clasped his hands as a signal for their training to begin

a/n: finally 😩