❀ . . . twenty five

THE RIVER TO NEVER FORGET

kakashi never felt this nervous before walking past the river with you

kakashi never felt this nervous before walking past the river with you. looking at you, listening to you, he felt all the emotions he's felt since he met you at once.

have i always thought she was this pretty? master jiraiya was right.

"kakashi, you said you wanted to talk about something? is it serious?" you worried.

"no, don't worry about it, i'm just thinking."

"about what?"

"nothing serious," he lied.

you leaned over the railing to the river. you watched the white sparkles from the moon's reflection in the water. kakashi leaned over next to you.

maybe it's time to ask her. it's been almost three years as friends.

kakashi felt the weight of your head fall against his shoulder.

"kakashi, you said you wanted to tell me something. is it bothering you?"

"no, actually i wanted to ask you something." his hand made its way to your own. his palm rested on the back of yours.

"yeah, what did you need?"

"we have the day off tomorrow, and i was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with me."

you laughed. "kakashi, you're being weird. of course i'll have lunch with you, we always do."

kakashi titled your head up with his fingertip. his eye smiled. "as a date."

"a date?" you almost shouted from the shock.

"if you're interested. i've liked you for a while, actually," he admitted.

"yeah, a date sounds really nice."

kakashi took your hand. your fingers interlocked, footsteps parallel. "i'll actually take you home now," he said.

at your doorstep, he continued holding your hand. he ran the pad of his thumb over your skin. the other hand relaxed in his pockets.

"i'll see you tomorrow at lunch, i'll pick you up here."

you nodded. "but before you go," she didn't finish.

kakashi flinched, not out of fear. you quickly leaned in. you pressed your lips against the exposed skin underneath his eye. you pulled back and turned the handle to the front door.

"it took three years to do that kakashi, three long years," you giggled and waved to him.

his eye lingered on the door for a moment after you shut it. he brushed his fingertips against the skin you kissed still registering what happened. his cheek was warm in that specific spot. he traced the outline of the heat.

"she kissed me..." he whispered. his body spun around and he chuckled. "she really did."

he took the long way home to think about it.

there it was, the flash of green. he felt somewhat happy to see him and tell him.

"kakashi! i saw you with y/n earlier, but where is she now?"

"i just dropped her off at home."

the man in the green jumpsuit laughed. "you look particularly happy about something. did you finally do it?"

"if you mean ask her on a date, then yes," he sighed.

guy threw his arms around kakashi's shoulders. waterfalls fell from his eyes passing his grin. "congratulations!" he sobbed. "you've finally found someone!"

kakashi continued smiling even with his friend squeezing him.

a/n: i finally wrote the confession chapter and i saved it until now so i can thank you got 2k reads and like hitting 1k and 2k in the same month