Chapter 5-5: Heart to Heart and Challenges

The magical wheel stopped at the beach and Deuce turned to his companion. "Alright, we've arrived."

Epel was shocked. "*gasp* D-Deuce, I didn't know you could drive so fast, it really surprised me..."

"Eh, is that it? Even though I have slowed down the speed... No, forget it. Anyway, as expected from the magical wheel that the Ignihyde students created. It took me some time to ride this since it had a lot to function." Deuce said.
"Fufu. But it feels really good! I love driving. By the way, is this okay? We just left the school without getting permission." Epel said nervously.
"Ugh... I didn't think about that. Let's get scolded together after this." Deuce said with a smile.
"Vil must be angry with us now." Epel said.

The waves were peaceful today. A certain god was watching the two. Loki had to admit there was more than meets the eye with both of them. He could see why Vermillion wanted him to watch over them. He focused on them as Epel watched the waves. "...It's my first time seeing the ocean ever since I came to this island."

Deuce hummed. "Well, since Night Raven College is being located on the north side of this island."

"Royal Sword Academy is located at the south side along the coast... Ah. Don't tell me, is that Royal Sword Academy?" Epel said.

Their heads turned towards the campus. It was huge, but Deuce could clearly see their ally there. Hel was just standing at the gate and Deuce gave her a subtle wave. Hel noticed him and waved back. Epel was mesmerized. "Wow... It's a campus, but it looks more like a castle."

Deuce nodded. "I've seen this school with a telescope before, but it's my first time seeing it up close. What a splendid building."

Deuce's eyes were good. He spotted Vermillion talking with a woman who had no pigment in her hair. The two noticed him and waved.

"The seniors from magift club keep saying that this is a campus for spoiled little masters... But, Neige is on this campus too." Epel said. Deuce spotted said person rushing up to the white haired woman and hugging her. He took a deep breath.
"I WILL NEVER LOSE---!!!" Deuce shouted. He glanced over to see Hel clutching her stomach while laughing. Epel was confused.
"!? D-Deuce, what's wrong? You suddenly shouted..." Epel said. Deuce was not going to back down though.
"INDEED, I'M STUPID AND TACTLESS!!!" Deuce shouted. Epel's eyes widened.

-With Vermillion-

I was about to bust a lung. I was laughing hard at that and Naga as well as Neige turned to me in confusion as I laughed at Deuce's shouting.

-Third Person POV-

Loki watched Deuce as he finally started to calm down. He was perplexed at Deuce's actions. Was this a way mortals let off steam? Shouting?

Deuce finally stopped. "... I feel refreshed!"

"T-That surprised me..." Epel said nervously.
"I'll always drive to the ocean when something happens that frustrates me. I'll feel relieved after I shout at the ocean. .....I have been very tactless when I'm still a kid. No matter how much I study, I would always get a bad result. I wanted to find an excuse... That's why I started to avoid all this and take the easy route. 'I didn't do this seriously, so you can't blame me if I failed'. 'It's so lame if I'm desperate to win'. That's what I told myself." Deuce said.
"I see..." Epel mused.
"I'm such an idiot, I became a delinquent and made my mom cry. At that time, I received a admission letter from Night Raven College. Maybe I'll change myself under a new environment, that's what I thought. 'This is the chance'!" Deuce said.
"...Have you changed after entering the school?" Epel asked.
"Nope. I try to change my appearance to look more like an honor student, but my personality is still the same. I'm still a delinquent. There's a lot of things that I screw up. ...But, I have come to understand one thing. The people that are capable on doing everything are struggling in the back too. No matter how embarrassing it is, no matter how hard it is... They won't give up." Deuce said, thinking of the people who overblotted.
"Deuce..." Epel said.
"I brought you here because I think we are similar." Deuce said.
"Eh...?" Epel said.
"You would always stop yourself from saying something. You wanted to change but you can't, that's what I thought." Deuce said.
"Yeah. You may be right." Epel said.
"I'm the only one here. You can let your feelings out by shouting. You will feel relieved if you do so!" Deuce encouraged.
"Hmm... Okay. *deep breath* EVEN IF YOU TELL ME TO ACT CUTE SUDDENLY, I CAN'T DO IT!!" Epel was now fully on board with this.