Chapter 5-1: Trials and Friends

Crewel-sensei had informed us of the VDC. Seemed interesting, but I wasn't willing to take part. It was not in my strong suit to sing during these times especially with overblot probably running loose. Ah, whatever. I had to attend my first ever dorm head meeting so after class, I left for Headmaster Crowley's office.

-At the Meeting Place-

I made sure to smooth out my dorm uniform before daring to step in. The headmaster looked toward the door and smiled upon seeing me. "Ah, nice of you to join us Ms.von Fenris! Come on in!"

(Finally came up with uniform) I nodded to the other dorm heads and a tablet who I assumed had another dorm head on the other side

(Finally came up with uniform) I nodded to the other dorm heads and a tablet who I assumed had another dorm head on the other side. I took a place beside Leona who smirked before yawning. He was clearly bored. I turned to the headmaster. "If we could get the meeting done as soon as possible, that would be great as I have places to be."

The headmaster nodded. Then he turned to the rest of the dorm heads. "Preparations for the National Magic School Joint Culture Festival have been well under way for the past two months. Mr. Rosehearts, please give us your status update as the leader of the executive committee."

Riddle nodded. "Understood, please take a look at the data in front of you. We are in the middle of accepting applications for the presentations and performances from other schools. The due date for any who wish to sell food and drink or handmade crafts at a booth has already been passed."

Kalim seemed confused. "Hm? I get food and drink, but what're crafts?"

"Clothing, ceramics, carvings, art, and any other product made by a culture club. They can display and sell their works. There will also be those who do live painting and show screenings of their student films."

"Whooaa, it's going to be awesome having all that stuff!"

"Next, I'd like to talk about the stage where we'll have the research presentations and speech contest. The plan is to set up three separate stages around campus. Red in the courtyard, blue in the gymnasium and the largest, purple, in the coliseum. Since announcing the stages, we've received applications from international media outlets as well but.....Hmm."

I raised an eyebrow. "Uh-huh?"

"The Vocal & Dance Championship is scheduled to take place on the purple stage has had a flood of applications of media outlets." Riddle said.
"Ahh, well that makes sense. The Vocal & Dance Championship, VDC for short, is the most important event for any budding musician and draws in challenges from all over." Azul said.
"We've been calling it the 'music presentation' so I'd been thinking of it more like a chorus contest." Riddle hummed.
"Well, in the beginning, VDC was something like a chorus contest you'd find at any culture festival. But as time went on and music evolved, it began to diversify along with it, resulting in a tournament that is used to evaluate not only singing but the dance and performance abilities of the participants. Now it has become the gateway to success for anyone who aspires to go pro in music." Vil explained.
"The audience votes for the finalists in real time and nothing about the excitement it creates is fake. There is a decent chance a new star will be born on that stage. On top of that, our own Vil will be performing. It's no wonder the media is all worked up." I tuned out Azul's words as I turned to Leona