Chapter 2-4: Magift Stampede(+Vermillion x Jack moment)

A/N: I haven't forgotten about the question. I just didn't want to hold up the story for others. I need 6 more comments with their choice.

I sat down in the lounge while Jack was probably rethinking his life decisions. I took a bite of the peanut butter cookie I had before turning to him. "You're already in my domain so don't think of backing out now. I don't know why you're brooding over there."

I took another bite as Jack turned to me. "I involved you in my problems. I feel at fault for dragging you into this. Your siblings as well. They-"

"They always stand beside me Jack. I'm their eldest sister. I have to make an example and turning away someone in possible danger wouldn't set a good example for them. I need to be fully aware of the people around me. Got it?"

"I guess. You must really care about them Vermillion. I should know, I have siblings as well. I want to set a good example for them too."

"Then I guess we both have people who we need to look after, eh?"

Jack nodded and stared down at his clasped hands. He seemed like he was contemplating something. I took another bite of the cookie. "Also, you're a fellow wolf. Wolves stick together in packs to protect each other. I am just listening to what my wolf senses desire as well as helping someone who has a life ahead off him."

Jack seemed quiet as he stared at me again. He reached over and took my hand, surprising me. My eyes went to his and I shivered at seeing the look he was giving me. "How do I know you aren't lying to me? You could just be saying that."

"From a wolf to a wolf, I swear I'm not my grandfather. I may be his grandchild and I am mischievous at times, but we are two different people. I would never lie to you unless I had to."

"I believe you, it's just that...."

Jack trailed off, glancing away. I blinked at him. Then, I tilted his chin up so that his eyes met mine. Jack glanced at me with confusion and I leaned forward. Jack was still and I then fell asleep, laying my head on his chest.

-Third Person POV-

Jack was flustered and confused by the she wolf's actions. She had fallen asleep and cuddled him. Jack felt his face go red. If her siblings walked in on them, then Jack would probably die of embarrassment. He wrapped his arms around the sleeping female and fell asleep holding Vermillion close.

-The Next Morning, Back to Vermillion-

"Hey, wake up." Jack called out. I opened my eyes and sat up with a yawn.
"Hm? What's up?" I hummed as my vision cleared.
"Today is the Magift tournament. We need to get moving." Jack reminded me.
"Oh, right. Today is the day we can put the plan into action." I said.

My siblings arrived and after we all got dressed, we headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ace and Deuce were waiting for us as we explored. I ended up buying food for Grim and then we all met up. I turned my head to Ace and Deuce. "You two ready for the showdown?"

They both nodded with a grin. "We sure are Wildcard."

"Excellent. Let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Third Person POV)

"Now it's time to bring out our rising stars....... DIASOMNIA!!!!!" The announcer's voice roared as the audience cheered. Ruggie seemed shocked.
"They've got quite a fanbase! Not that I'm complaining. Now, to drink the potion Azul gave me." Ruggie said as he swallowed the potion. He recoiled at the taste. The potion tasted like rotten meat. Not that it really mattered as much as finishing the job did.
"Run for your lives. Laugh With Me!" Ruggie said, his unique magic taking effect. The audience was pulled out of their seats and was running towards the Diasomnia team. Panicked screams and the announcer trying to calm the chaos made Vermillion, who was on watch duty, grimace.

A silver haired man and a electric green haired man were there. Vermillion watched as they tried to escort 'Malleus' out only to cry that there was no time. Ruggie watched on and was sweating. "We..... finally did it. I should get moving."

Vermillion watched him and gestured to the team. It was go time for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Back to Vermillion)

"Leona! Did you watch the broadcast?" I heard Ruggie say as he arrived. I kept all of us hidden under an invisibility barrier so we could watch. Leona nodded.
"I did. Good work Ruggie. So long Malleus. Long live the king." Leona said with a smirk as the rest of Savanaclaw echoed the cheer. I turned to Riddle who nodded.

"We've heard enough." Riddle said as I took down the invisibility barrier to cue our dramatic entrance. Ace, Deuce, Jack, Cater, Riddle, and my siblings seemed ready to go. I was allowing my hands to spark as I gathered energy. Leona watched us with a smirk. "The von Fenris', Heartslabyul, and one of our fresh babies. Did you transfer to Heartslabyul?"

Jack growled at his dorm head. "I didn't, but right now I can't stand being on your side."

I growled at him, releasing my anger. "You are ruining a tradition of the school by playing dirty. As a traditionalist, I can't watch you do such an action and get away with it."

The members of Savanaclaw turned to Leona. "Can we fight them?"

Leona waved his hand. "Alright. Go ahead and play with them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My siblings, Riddle, and I all managed to take care of them in a matter of minutes. The ones that I dealt with were writhing in pain after I shared my expertise in breaking other people's limbs. Jack stared at me with respect after seeing my strength first hand. Leona shook his head in disappointment. "You let yourself get beat by a herbivore and seven godlings? Weak."

They're only mortal you slothful bastard. They aren't us. Ruggie gave us a grin. "Even if you beat us here, you're too late to help Diasomnia!"

I took that as the cue and took down the second barrier. Lilia smirked. "Pray tell, what is this I hear?"

A tall, electric green haired male cut in. "Who said they were too late?"

A silver haired male seemed amazed. "It's true. There isn't a single player from Diasomnia injured thanks to them."

Ruggie seemed shocked and confused. "Eh?! But I saw you guys get swallowed by the crowd!?"

I nodded to Cater. Cater only grinned. "Too bad. That was a bunch of mes thanks to my 'Split Card' ability. I always wanted to try the Diasomnia uniform. Guess I got lucky. I got to post it on Magicame."

Lilia seemed amused. "If I had known, I would've let you tried mine on."

"Thanks, but your uniform probably would be a little tight on me."

Because of the height difference. Ruggie was still in shock. "! Then Malleus...."

"Is safe and sound of course! He was safely guided away and released the panicked crowd with magic!" The student said.

"Is that even allowed?!"

Leona then looked at the ground with a defeated look. "Ah. I'm done."

I hadn't expected those two words to come from the prideful lion's mouth. He was done?