Chapter 4-2: Scarabia Meet Up

It was a cold day outside. Not that it bothered me too much in wolf form. Grim was clinging to my fur as I held fresh wood in my jaws. Not that I minded of course, Grim was cold and I was used to the cold. Winter in the woods is very cold and harsh. Hopefully, Cater is alright with that and doesn't freeze to death.

-At the Cafeteria-

I reverted back to human and Grim helped me dump the new firewood into the fireplace. Fire fae appeared and it turned to me. 'A godling. I have heard about you.'

I was surprised, but nodded back. 'Thank you for keeping the following fires burning.'

'My pleasure godling.'

My nose then picked up on something. Spices? From the kitchen? I should investigate it. I rushed off to the kitchen with Grim to find... the lot of Scarabia cooking. I watched as a someone turned to the group. "After the vegetables have finished cooking, add in the meat from the fridge and bring it to a boil. Don't forget to add the nuts once the oil has heated up."

"Got it!" A resident said.
"Vice dorm head, about the amount of spice, do you think one tablespoon is enough?" Another asked.
"The dorm head prefers something with a bit more heat. Another teaspoon should be fine." Jamil replied.

Grim and I weren't confused about this. I had told Grim about my suspicions, so we weren't surprised. I only hummed. "The spices smell delectable."

"Hm? And you are..." Jamil said.
"We met before the magift tournament. Brook and Solis healed your arm." I replied.
"Ah, that's right. Prefect Vermillion von Fenris and Grim, correct?" Jamil mused.
"Correct. I'm pleased you remembered. I still remember you. Jamil Viper, correct?" I asked.
"Correct. I'm pleased you remembered me as well. The entrance ceremony left you two with quite the impression. I'm sure there isn't someone who doesn't remember your names." Jamil praised. His praise was catchy, but I had to be cautious.
"Huh, r-really? Nyahaha! We've made a big name for ourselves!" Grim said. He was playing along. That was good. Acting would bring us to the den.
"Why are you here during the vacation?" Jamil asked curiously.
"Mother's orders. I also want to tend to the fires. You haven't seen harsh winter until you've seen my home." I said with a hum.
"Is that so? Your mother did......" Jamil mused before muttering just enough for me to catch it. "These guys might be useful."
"Hm? You say something?" Grim asked innocently.
"Just that you guys are amazing if you've been recognized by important people." Jamil lied. I narrowed my eyes, but didn't say anything.
"Pardon the interruption, vice dorm head, but we've finished preparing the vegetables." A resident cut in.
"I'll be right there." Jamil said.
"The soup looks super tasty but the smell is a new one for me." Grim said as I eyed the soup.
"This is a traditional dish from the Land of Hot Sands. Oh, I know. It must have been fate that brought you here. Would you like to try some?"
"What!? Really!?" Grim said happily.
"But of course. The food will be done soon, you guys can help." Jamil said. I walked over and summoned my claws to help out if needed.

-Afterwards-

I took a wiff of the soup and nodded. The scent was amazing. Jamil clapped his hands. "Alright let's take this back to Scarabia."

"Got it!" The residents shouted as I froze a bit. Jamil noticed and shook me out of my trance.
"Just a second. Why are you all still here?" I asked. The residents went silent in response.
"That's..... It's complicated." Jamil said. I raised an eyebrow as one of the residents gulped.
"All of Scarabia was ordered by our dorm head..." A resident said.
"We couldn't leave even if we wanted..." Another chimed in.
"Shush. Will you knock it off? Any more and we'll be the ones to suffer. The food's getting cold. It's time to get back to Scarabia. It's always summer in Scarabia. It'll be like taking a vacation to a southern country." Jamil said. I wasn't going to fall that easily.
"Wahoo! Sounds like paradise! We're totally going!" Grim said. Now to act out.
"Doesn't that sound too good for this school?" I asked. I saw that Jamil prepared for this.
"I'm sure our dorm head will be happy to have you. You're coming right?" Jamil asked.