Chapter 4-8: Healing and Back to the Oasis

-Back to Vermillion-

Jamil was trying to please his parents. Because he was below Kalim, he thought he had to do worse. He had to hide who he was. He had to be worse was what he believed. I felt bad knowing this. I was always in the same light as Kalim. Powerful in terms of being an heir. He might have thought of me to be the same as him. Maybe I sort of am like Kalim. I then felt the pull. Time to go.

-Third Person POV-

Naga watched as her cousin stirred and her emerald eyes blinked away sleepiness before opening fully. A cry of relief left Naga's lips as her cousin pushed herself so that she was sittting. Vermillion hummed as she turned to Jamil and left to sit beside him. Imun rushed over to Naga and nodded for her to get the others. She nodded and stood up, leaving to get the others.

Imun watched as Vermillion laid down beside Jamil and nuzzled his cheek. He could sense guilt and a sense of empathy from her as she just stayed there. Jamil then started to stir and Vermillion just watched him. The others were about to return. Imun watched as Jamil opened his eyes and turned Vermillion. She clung to him like a koala out of relief.

-Back to Vermillion-

The others arrived while I kept my arms around Jamil. Kalim also rushed over and hugged him while crying loudly. Aunt Vanessa and Uncle Jormungand were uncertain about everything and so Aunt Vanessa approached the three of us. "You lot, look at me."

Kalim and I separated from Jamil to turn to my aunt. I tilted my head. "Aunt Vanessa? What's the matter?"

"Hold it Vermillion. Jamil, you're still weak from the overblot. You need to recover in a stable condition. I'll have Vermillion look out for you while you recover. She has more experience with this and I can't pull dear Sirenous away from her family. So, you will be in her care."

I don't know who was more surprised. Me or Jamil. Jamil only nodded to my aunt while I nodded as well. Aunt Vanessa turned to me. "Vermillion, you have been alive long enough to know more than we do. You should probably get to work right now."

I nodded before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard Jamil open the door with a groan. I hummed. "Something the matter?"

Jamil seemed startled, but relaxed a bit. "Kalim wanted to be equals and to be friends. Tch. Azul wanted to be friends with me as well. I declined both of them."

"Good."

"Huh?"

"You turned down Azul. Knowing him, he probably wanted to use your power. And you're letting go of your past. You had shackled yourself down, but your overblot was the key to you finding the way to freedom. So I say good. You've gotten rid of the chains."

"Are you still shackled? By your birth that is?"

"No, but yes. My upbringing was actually set in stone. I have already accepted my fate and by accepting it as well as knowing it's what gets me through is... comforting in a sense. It also helps knowing I have people that are more than prepared to help me. I actually don't mind my birthright."

"I see."

Both of us went silent as I levitated a cup to him. "Drink this. It'll help you replenish your magic and energy faster."

He accepted the cup and placed it to his lips. He downed the liquid and then placed the cup down as he took the interesting hair tie off and undid his hair. He also got changed while I turned away and snapped my fingers. I went to lay down on the floor, but Jamil pulled me up. I tilted my head. "What's the matter?"